GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of cars already have something in the tune to limit top speed anyway. People will just find a way to bypass it and write it out in a tune anyway.
:) You wont be able to get rid of it that easy. It will be built in and if disabled will throw something in the works.
We are all in this boat, who will buy a GTR,M5,M3,M4,Bentley Ferrari ect to do 70MPH.:chuckle:
and when you crash it or someone hits you Insurance null and void.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Be interesting to see how this affects sales of new supercars. Pretty pointless owning one if you can't use the power on occasion.

Assume when you get to a track, the GPS know so allows you to have some fun.

No mention of retro fitting technology to older cars - think I'll hang to mine a while longer :D

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll stick with my LM20 then, joke aside some clever geek will find a hak for it, only matter of time
I hope your right, I have just bought a new M5 Competition :( **** driving at 70MPH with the rest of the antiquated old bangers.
Lets race to 70 MPH against this KIA RIO on my left.:chuckle:

·
Vendor
6,269 Posts
I hope your right, I have just bought a new M5 Competition :( **** driving at 70MPH with the rest of the antiquated old bangers.
Lets race to 70 MPH against this KIA RIO on my left.:chuckle:
I think it's gunna be on the new built cars

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it's gunna be on the new built cars
No any cars in future will have this built in, the New M3 coming out will have it, this comes out end of this year (may not be set-up but on there), after 2024 all cars will be subject to it being put on at MOT time if it's not new at or after 2022, so no excape, it's the end then of any fast cars IMO just not worth wasting your money buying one, pisses me off this.:(

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about it, people are still going to buy all these newer cars just the same as they did more. How many times to you see a super car ripping down the road like a race car? almost never, those owners are buying cars for status.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn't even worry about it, people are still going to buy all these newer cars just the same as they did more. How many times to you see a super car ripping down the road like a race car? almost never, those owners are buying cars for status.
I think I will spend on something else than "a high end 70 MPH wagon".
Old bangers without GPS will pee all over them.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Its all about control, people getting chipped aswell as cars being rigged... I mean restricted.

Even if a geek hacks the limiter, no doubt the authorities will soon be prosucting on evidence from the cars logger knowing every speed on any road, no getting away, as everything will be inter connected via 5g or whatever way they will communicate with, its only going downhill from here. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts