GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Names Adam, Im new to this GTR thing, I'm picking my 1991 GTR Up tommor just got out of costoms. (Yes im from Canada) I was just wondering before I drive it home, anyone got any quick tips, and maybe some basic user friendly things I may need to know to keep it in good shape!

Anywase thanks for all people who will reply and im glad to be a part now!

BTW (I work at a Vinyl Shop, I have the possibly to make stickers for this place send me a PM if you are intrested in starting something up)

Cheers Adam :D

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Welcome Adam and hope the car is just as good as you think it will be :)
The main problem this time of year is to make sure the car is well protected. generally speaking in Japan they do no underseal cars so that should be the first thing you should think about :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Hi adam, and welcome.....The forum is top notch for tech info and the folk are friendly (mostly LOL)
I've got a 32GTR myself and love it to bits. Is your standard or has it been modified??
First thing I usually do when I get a car is to replace all filters and oils (g/box;diff etc). I didnt do this when I bought the GTR as I had written proof that 95% of this had been done only a couple of months before I bought it.

A few tips:
DONT run the car over 1 bar of boost unless it has non-standard turbo's...Std turbo's go bang over a bar due to ceramic internals.:nervous:
DO be gentle and let the fluids reach operating temps before booting it :D
DO get the timing set up for the grade of fuel you will be using in Canada. Dont know what octane you guys have in Canada but Japan uses 100 octane IIRC.

Theres probably LOADS of other things I should have mentioned but I'm sure someone else will add to the list.Alternatively use the 'search' button at the top. Its gold :thumbsup:

Enjoy the GTR mate

Scott
aka TT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, thanks guys I cant sleep right now if that means how much I cant wait for this car. I am planning on replacing all the filters and changin all oils/fluids only question is does anyone have a PDF of the Repair Manual of R32 1991 GTR.

thanks again, Adam

·
6,821 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum, you will have christmas a month before then. .:smokin:
Any tuning bits on the car? Where are you located in Canada?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if you cant tell by my name, I live in Vancouver BC West Side. and I wont know about small detailes on my car untill later today! I honslty cant fking wait its 12am here right now, and I cant sleep waiting for today to pass!:thumbsup:

Ive aranaged undersealing this weekend, and I got my PDF GTR R32 Manual @ a print shop puting togeather a hard copy formyself :D.

Since im on the other side of the car other then normal here im installing a laptop in my car with a webcam idea in the left mirror :p ASAP lawl.

anywase! I cant wait.

late adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts