GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let fellow GTR owners know about my service experience today at HPC Bromley , exemplary I must say the master technician " sonic " was incredibly helpful , very knowledgeable and spent some considerable time explaining a number of questions I had . All the front staff were very helpful , my loan 370Z had not arrived but they rustled me up a car very quickly so no complaints . In all I am very happy indeed would have no hesitation in recommending these guys and will use them again for sure . Rather interesting my supplying HPC had not called or even notified me the service was due hence why I went to Bromley , glad I did and will certainly use them again .

Good luck to one and all

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad to hear this. If your supplying HPC is in the Tunbridge area of Kent, from my experiences both pre and post sale you are much better off with Bromley.
I have just booked an optimisation with Middlehurst who are somewhat surprisingly going to collect the GT-R from Surrey. I thought this service was only available to return the vehicle to the purchase HPC or to the closest?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi MD KENT, I totally agree with you, the staff at Ancaster is exceptional. I'm booked for my 6k/6months service this Friday. I'm leaving HPC Marshall/Cambridge after Dave, Phil and Laura left recently; the service is not as it used to be when they were there. Last week I thought it was time to look for another HPC and visited Ancaster-Bromley to see if they could fulfill my expectations. And I’m a very picky person when it comes to other people touching and working on my cars. They have spent more than one hour with me, I’ve been introduced to all the staff and spent half an hour talking to ‘sonic’, the GT-R technician. He was extremely knowledgeable and inspired me lots of confidence. Looking forward to drop my car in next Friday. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
this is good to hear chaps.
I have my 1 year service due in april.

Bought the car from Motorline, but wasn't overly impressed with them.
Also didn't like their attitude re. y pipe and being really anti track days.

So will take the car to ancaster, and leave the y pipe on and see what they say

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hi MD KENT, I totally agree with you, the staff at Ancaster is exceptional. I'm booked for my 6k/6months service this Friday. I'm leaving HPC Marshall/Cambridge after Dave, Phil and Laura left recently; the service is not as it used to be when they were there. Last week I thought it was time to look for another HPC and visited Ancaster-Bromley to see if they could fulfill my expectations. And I’m a very picky person when it comes to other people touching and working on my cars. They have spent more than one hour with me, I’ve been introduced to all the staff and spent half an hour talking to ‘sonic’, the GT-R technician. He was extremely knowledgeable and inspired me lots of confidence. Looking forward to drop my car in next Friday. :thumbsup:
Did you leave Marshalls "only" because Phil and Dave have left or had a bad experience with them since?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi.

Had my optimisation done by Ancaster. All the staff (from checking in to mechanics) made time to chat and were very knowledgeable. Can really recommend them. :D

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
MD KENT is your car Silver ?

If so I think I've seen you about a couple of times, usually going past the BP garage. Did you go down sevenoaks way on sunday afternoon by any chance ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Customer Relationship Management needs attention!

I also intended to use Ancaster in preference to Motorline, and popped up the road to see them.

All seemed very promising right up till the point at which I wanted to book the car in for a service. I left a voicemail with their service manager and after getting no response after a day or so I called again to be told he was busy with a customer. I left my number so that I could be called back and received no call!

Ancaster's customer service therefore needs some attention as they have lost my business this time around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MD KENT is your car Silver ?

If so I think I've seen you about a couple of times, usually going past the BP garage. Did you go down sevenoaks way on sunday afternoon by any chance ?
Thats me , if your also driving a GTR yours is a grey one I think I may have passed you going up Rushmore Hill ?? , rather interesting when I went into the garage to fill up I was followed in by 2 Policeman in a traffic car, I thought ...t as I had done 75mph down the M20 a few minutes earlier !! , BUT , they had followed me as as one of the drivers just was in awe re the GTR , he chatted for a few minutes and I even gave him the key to go take a spin ( albeit he gracefully declined ) , nice polite guys though , not only a great car but get to meet a lot of people who simply just want to see one , all the best MD

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have to say big thanks to Tim & sonic for clearing up some queries with the car, very knowledgeable and very responsive :thumbsup:

will surely be testing HPC Bromley out for my 6k service, thanks guys

now the only decision is Y pipe or no Y pipe???? mmmm ????

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Westway Nissan in Oxford quoted me £240 for the 6k/6mnth service. The car will have only done circa 3k at the end of March when its due.

£240, for what amounts to an oil change + GT-R Tax.
The oil filter is £8.23, and they knock £40 off if you bring your own oil.

Oil + Filter change is followed by ......... tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick of the check list. :)

Might do it myself.

Anyone else servicing their own GT-R?

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
take it to litchfields or perfect touch...cheaper and better

·
Registered
167 Posts
Westway Nissan in Oxford quoted me £240 for the 6k/6mnth service. The car will have only done circa 3k at the end of March when its due.

£240, for what amounts to an oil change + GT-R Tax.
The oil filter is £8.23, and they knock £40 off if you bring your own oil.

Oil + Filter change is followed by ......... tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick of the check list. :)

Might do it myself.

Anyone else servicing their own GT-R?
Hmm same boat as you wingedbeast, car due 6/6months servivce in March, also supplied by Oxford. Was going to give them a call but £240 Hmmmm I don't think so for what will work out for me 1400 miles since the opti service.

I might have to ring around or a trip to Glos and Litchfields may be in order.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sorry for repeatedly posting this in various threads but from the above some may have missed it.

I had my 6 months done at tad over 3k on the clock. All i had done was oil change by my HPC. This was okay with Nissan according to HPC.

FWIW i drove my car to my HPC (not sure if that makes a diff). But it cost £106-7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts