GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a HPI rad? what is the quality and build like of these? there seems to be a good offer on these at the moment £265 shipped so tempted very tempted :)

The spending never ends!! :runaway:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Anyone running a HPI rad? what is the quality and build like of these? there seems to be a good offer on these at the moment £265 shipped so tempted very tempted :)

The spending never ends!! :runaway:
was going for this one ages ago but was pricey that time. i believe they are quality. from my mind matty offered them before here

edit: yes he did.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/161309-hpi-bnr32-radiators.html

however, i think mishimoto offers lifetime warranty

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No so sure about Mashimoto ones, they look almost the same as Japspeed ones which the fins look like they are made out of foil and bend ever so easily much much more than oem.

Just need to hear some thoughts from those who own a HPI rad.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I bought a big ally one off ebay, new for £120 odd quid and its awesome, fantastic quality and been real good for over a year now, not sure if they're still doing them as they were supposedly to clear stock..
I'll see if i can find the link

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
I can't really think of a reason to compare alloy radiators, the design is the same pretty much, the material is the same. Unless for some reason higher grade aluminum dissipates more heat ? Hence a 99 GBP rad might do for many.

What I do think is that if you buy a copper core radiator you are looking at a difference in both price and what you get in term of cooling. Have still not seen a cheap brand do one !

Would love a copper core rad myself no matter the cost, as it's most likely one of the best cooling upgrades for our hot running engines.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have a mishimoto on mine, not sure at the actual degree drop in temps, but my water and oil temps dropped by a quarter on the stock gauges after fitting. Thats with an oil cooled only single turbo.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Many Japanese companies sadly produce in Taiwan \ China and then slap on a Made in Japan sticker. It's not something I will get into here but anyway.

Think Mishimoto advertises the temp drop to be 25% :) glad you got what they said heh.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Many Japanese companies sadly produce in Taiwan \ China and then slap on a Made in Japan sticker. It's not something I will get into here but anyway.

Think Mishimoto advertises the temp drop to be 25% :) glad you got what they said heh.
I think thats because a lot of the Jap companys have been bought by Taiwan/Thai/Chinese companys.

Haha yes, I am very happy with it!

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not really interested in generic ebay radiators, I will go for the HPI based on the feedback.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts