GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm looking at changing my HKS shocks and springs for a useable set of coil overs, as I'm only planning the occasional track day.
I'm on a budget so have been looking at the two above!(BC RS' and HSD Dualtec)
is there much difference between them or are there alternatives that are recommended?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I ran BC for a few years and found them to be bloody awesome for a "budget" coilover set up... and the car got, and still gets battered on track now. got an unofficial 2 2nd place sin TA with them on. this is in my old car, the one that Bernie (Rockabilly) still drives now...
4 years on and still gong strong...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the reply, how do either of these stack up against the meister r?
Depending on which version of the MeisterR you are talking about. :)

The BC BR, HSD MonoPro, and the MeisterR Zeta-R are around the same page.
Dual perch design, adjustable mono-tube dampers.
We probably send a little more time to ensure our dampers will provide a more compliant ride quality over the UK road surfaces, as that is something we really look into during our design phase.

The HSD DualTech (DT) is a twin-tube damper so it isn't in the same performance class as the listed above.

If you are talking about the MeisterR GT1 coilovers, then it will be quite a big step up from BC and HSD.
The MeisterR GT1 are hand build in the UK and will be running along the line of the Ohlins DFV, Nitron R1, and other custom build one-way suspensions.
The GT1 are design for all around road comfort with capable track ability using advance damping technology like the Ohlins DFV, so it isn't as track focused (read uncomfortable) as the Nitron's suspensions.

If you have any other question, please feel free to let me know.

Jerrick

·
Registered
511 Posts
So what would i be looking at for a set of the GT1s for an R32 GTR?
The MeisterR GT1 coilovers is £1550 including VAT and delivery.
They will retain the MeisterR dual perch setup, so that mean they will have a much larger range of ride height adjustments when compare to the more common single perch design.

The GT1 are custom build to order, so normally there will be a 2 weeks wait.
I will have some GT1 on stock for immediate delivery ( I have R33 / R34 GT1 coilovers in stock at the moment), but I don' t have any R32 in stock at the moment.

I just send a set of GT1 out to a well known GTR tuner, so it is already approved by people who have expectation. :)

Jerrick

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've had my 32 set up with BC recently, I'm still playing with the settings on the front but for a budget coilover they're very good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies guys, think I'm going to invest in the Meisterr zetaRs!
They look to be a good all rounder, but not rushing into anything just yet as waiting for MGT to get back to me on a set of Quantums!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can't comment on for a skyline set up but I have a set of the HSD Dualtech on my turbo'd MX5 and have been fantastic so far, haven't had them a great while but have given me a nice ride, great height adjustment and good all rounf fitment and feel so can only imagine th HSD Monopros are even better :)

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went for the MeisterR zeta-Rs in the end as the club discount swung it for me!
Can't wait for them to come so I can get them on!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The basic non adjustable shock absorbers are £1000 and that's not including springs
So well over my budget!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can assure you that you will be happy, as I tested and literally build the suspension spec off my own personal R32 many years ago. :)
So I know it will be right.

Also, do remember that track suspension sometime isn't good for road use at all.
Some suspension might be expensive, but expensive doesn't always equal quality or have the correct specification.

You can get a £10,000 Moton 4-way adjustable on a road car, and chances are it won't perform any better (in fact possibly worst) than a properly design 1-way adjustable road suspensions. ;)

But we are here to help you should you have any questions.
Good service is another feature about MeisterR coilovers. ;)

Jerrick

·
Registered
511 Posts
Whoa.... last picture, why is the lower red alloy collar sitting at the top?
If you are just adjusting ride height then it is okay... but don't have it like that if you are driving it.

Just caught my eyes.

Get the car set up and take it on a drive... looks the part is good, but performance matter. :)

Jerrick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts