GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a HUD to their R34 to enable keeping the instruments factory and still have an MPH readout on the screen?
Id ideally like to find something that looks neat or even wireless if there is such a thing.
Just so I can see the speed in MPH but without changing anything or pulling the car apart. It may help me keep my licience ;0)

Any pointers would be great

Cheers

·
Following EJH#25
6,834 Posts
Most people wanting similar used the Defi HUD about a decade ago.

No idea if they still make them though...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Buy a Road Angel (not a HUD but you can mount it similarly) or similar and use GPS; which is more accurate and won't be affected if you ever change tyre sizes ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use Ulysse GPS Speedometer on my Android phone and it works a treat since i have my phone in a cradle anyway and didn't want any additional stuff on my dash. Nice legible display.

£2 or so so a no-brainer really :)

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Has anyone fitted a HUD to their R34 to enable keeping the instruments factory and still have an MPH readout on the screen?
Id ideally like to find something that looks neat or even wireless if there is such a thing.
Just so I can see the speed in MPH but without changing anything or pulling the car apart. It may help me keep my licience ;0)

Any pointers would be great

Cheers
Just drive around for the first month or so with a GPS. You'll soon get used to the various limits 30MPH = xx, 40MPH = and so on.

Once you have the main limits covered its easy, you'll slowly find yourself no longer glancing at the GPS to confirm your speedo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies.
Im sure I will adjust if I drive it enough but it would be nice to see peoples setups.
Can you post a photo of your cars setup for inspiration ;0)

Cheers

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have the Defi HUD and love it.

Wires in to any ECU. Easy. All you have to do is find one.

Just add a piece of window tint.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why do you think that?
How do you think a satnav or a dashcam gives you your speed? GPS!
I was thinking of how most of these HUDs function, which is they plug into OBD2 and read speed from that sensor + power along with RPM. GPS is another way but it does add cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts