GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
31,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AS you may (or may not) know, I got married last week. I've just got back from a very humble but enjoyable week in wales, and this is the first oppurtunity i have had to get online.

As you may know, i managed to get 4 GTR's to attend my wedding as wedding cars. Firstly can i say thank you to everyone who offered thier services but wasn't used. esspecially PMJ who went out of his way to get his car ready for me, but i got panicked and sorted someone else.

and secondly, can i say a HUGE HUGE thank you to

R32Harv, RBentley and Bigchris350 and Biggs,

the 4 owners of white GTR's that made our day so special. It was humbling that these guys even took the time to reply to my thread, let alone travel numerous miles to stand around and get ordered about by the photographer (TREG). They were all great guys and hopefully had a little fun being centre of attention for the day. The photo's i have seen already look the business, and i can't wait to see the proffesional shots.

Not only did these guys give up hours and hours of thier time, they also refused to take any money for petrol etc, something which astounded me. Seriously guys, just pm me your details so i can sort you out!!

The R35 was driven by a guy called Biggs, brother of a guy called Sami who Ben Linney hooked me up with. i know he's not on here, but if anyone knows him pass on my thanks. He had another wedding to be at but didn't rush and gave the bridesmaids and best man a great ride to the reception.

As for the others, true gents the 3 of them, gave all the time we needed and actually made my day go so much smoother than expected. The bride looked fantastic but everyone agress the cars made the day. And Chris, Janine enjoyed the ride in your 34 more than the 35, an absolutly gorgeous example. Ettiene and Rob, you guys were stars all day and the clenliness of your cars made all the difference.

so guys, thank you, so so much, you are a credit to the forum and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Janine still can't get over the sight of the 4 cars parked up round the corner and it truley made her day.

I owe you guys big time!!

thanks again

mook

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Glad it all worked out for you mate. Looked like a great day with loads of great cars :)

·
Administrator
31,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly

it was the ****ing bollocks

:clap:

Mook

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Possibly the greatest (and for many, unrealised) pleasure of owning what for many is a dream car, is the sheer joy you can give by just doing stuff like this.

Congrats to the gents involved and congrats to Mook & the Mookette :D again.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
It was a fantastic day-I just wish we had more time with the cars as we were tight for time.

Hope Wales weather was good?

·
Registered
137 Posts

It was a pleasure helping out on your special day Mr & Mrs Mook. I seriously dont want anything for helping out...... well apart from a copy of the professional photos for my collection :thumbsup: As you said RBentley, Bigchris350 and Biggs were all absolute gents for giving up their time and effort in making the day very special. I gotta admit it was crazy leading the way guided by my sat nav as i didnt know the way. Did you see the looks we all got as we drove to the registry office, was lovely blasting through the tunnels, what a sound we made, truely a great thing to have been part of.
Hope too see all you again as soon as theres a local meet on give me a shout as i always like a meet.
Heres one of the cleaned up pics(no regs) i took on the day. I will put up more when i get a chance to clean em up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts