GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

From now until midnight 31st August 2009 (Bank Holiday Monday) we are giving an extra 20% off PLUS our standard Club Discount scheme Members Discounts.

This means as much as 35% off in all for some products!

To take advantage of this offer you will need to place your order online at Opie Oils the oilman for engine oil, motor oil, marine oil | cars, motorbikes, outboards, karts using the following coupon/voucher code at the checkout: BESTPRICES

Applies to all products (except for Brembo brakes and Splitfire coil packs), so you can get oils, lubricants, service packs, greases, filters, spark plugs, cleaning and detailing products, aerosols etc. etc. - all at these special prices!
If you are not registered as a member at Opie Oils the oilman for engine oil, motor oil, marine oil | cars, motorbikes, outboards, karts then you will need to do this prior to placing your order to get the Members Discounts (10%-15%) on top of this August Bank Holiday Sale Offer. To become a member, register here.
Don't delay, place your order at Opie Oils the oilman for engine oil, motor oil, marine oil | cars, motorbikes, outboards, karts today as this offer will not be extended past midnight on 31 August 2009, and we're not planning another promotion like this for a while!!

Example Prices (all INCLUDING VAT):

Silkolene Pro S 5L RRP: £51.75 / Members Price: £46.58 / Bank Hol Price: £37.26 = 28% OFF!
Silkolene Pro S 4 x 5L RRP: £207.00 / Members Price: £167.67 / Bank Hol Price: £134.14 = 35% OFF!
Motul 8100 X-Cess 5L RRP: £32.20 / Members Price: £28.98 / Bank Hol Price: £23.18 = 28% OFF!
Motul 8100 X-Cess 4x5L RRP: £128.80 / Members Price: £102.47 / Bank Hol Price: £81.98 = 36% OFF!

So, to get our best prices, use code BESTPRICES between now and midnight on 31 August 2009 at Opie Oils the oilman for engine oil, motor oil, marine oil | cars, motorbikes, outboards, karts

GO SHOPPING

Have a brilliant bank holiday weekend!

Guy and the team at Opie Oils.

[Sorry but this Offer excludes all Brembo and Splitfire products, and is not applicable to trade prices if you have a trade account with Opie Oils.]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a quick reminder... This offer finishes at midnight on bank holiday Monday 31st August. Hurry now and get up to 35% off including members discount!

Use offer code BESTPRICES at the checkout.

Cheers,
Guy and the team at Opie Oils.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey mate,

I'm putting together an order, but I cannot find how much I should use in the different places (gearbox, diffs, atessa). Just know the engine volym as I checked the documents on skyline.se, but on the r33 there were no "Service Manual" :(

I have searched the forums, but do not know what I should search for and "how much" is not even possible as they are to common words.
Do you or anyone know were I find how much I need in gearbox, transferbox, diffs and atessa on a r33??

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4.5ltr for the engine, 4.1 for the gearbox, 1.6 for the diff and 1.8 for the transfer.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ahh, many thanx mate!!
There are two diffs (front + back), right? 1.6 each?
I know that I have asked before, but do you have any clue how much the atessa need ?

Which do you recomend of Motul MOTYLGEAR 75W-90 Gearbox and differential lubricant Technosynthese and
Silkolene SILKTRAN SYN 5 75W-90 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil? Any differance?

Wonder the same about Motul 90 PA Lubricant limited slip differential (LSD) Extreme pressure and Silkolene BOA 90 LS High Performance Gear And Limited Slip Differential Oil?

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1ltr for the fron and 1.6ltr for the back.

The Syn5 is a higher spec oil then the MotylGear and there is nothing between the Motul 90pa and the Boa90ls essentially the same thing.

Cheers

Guy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi, What oil would you recommend for a 500bhp RB26 used as a daily driver.

Most journeys are less than 10 miles, ie work and to the girlfriends.

I cant remember what oil is currently in there, will have to check.

·
Registered
358 Posts
1ltr for the fron and 1.6ltr for the back.

The Syn5 is a higher spec oil then the MotylGear and there is nothing between the Motul 90pa and the Boa90ls essentially the same thing.

Cheers

Guy.
Great, thanx mate!

Just realized that I need to change the gearbox oil on my Volvo (s70 2.5L v10 -97) as well. I checked the site and it recomended the following:
Castrol EPX75w-80 gear oil
Gulf Gear TX manual transmission lubricant 75w-80
Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 synthetic manual transmission fluid
Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid MTF

Was thinking, will the motul-motylgear-75w-90 work as well or is it the 90 to thick (or maybe not even ment for that kind of car/gearbox)? I think the gearbox/oil needs to be a little thicker as I have some "clunks" in it, but I do not know if it work like that.
What do you think?

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stick with 75w-80 for better shifting, these boxes are fussy

Cheers
Guy

Great, thanx mate!

Just realized that I need to change the gearbox oil on my Volvo (s70 2.5L v10 -97) as well. I checked the site and it recomended the following:
Castrol EPX75w-80 gear oil
Gulf Gear TX manual transmission lubricant 75w-80
Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid MTF

Was thinking, will the motul-motylgear-75w-90 work as well or is it the 90 to thick (or maybe not even ment for that kind of car/gearbox)? I think the gearbox/oil needs to be a little thicker as I have some "clunks" in it, but I do not know if it work like that.
What do you think?

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
358 Posts
Stick with 75w-80 for better shifting, these boxes are fussy

Cheers
Guy
Hey,

Okay, better stick with 75w80 then.
What do you recomend of the following then:
-Motul MOTYLGEAR 75W-80 Gearbox and differential lubricant Technosynthese
-Castrol EPX75w-80 gear oil
-Gulf Gear TX manual transmission lubricant 75w-80
-Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 synthetic manual transmission fluid
-Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid MTF

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
hello, can you tell me what plugs and oil i need to order please.

Rb26dett (r34 gtr) running between 550-600bhp.

-engine oil and amount 4.5L? car does short miles but is used properly!
-Plugs ????
-gearbox oil. Its a new box (getrag 6 speed, done 2000 miles) also how much oil is needed?

Think thats it for a few months!

Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
4.5ltr for the engine, 4.1 for the gearbox, 1.6 for the diff and 1.8 for the transfer.

Cheers

Guy
Hey mate,

I am about the change the oil (at last) I bought from you last year and wonder how much the ATTESA takes?
Just relized that I bought to much DIFF oil as I toguht that the transfer should have diff-oil as well :(

The ATTESA and the Transfer uses the same oil, right?
I bought the "Fuchs TITAN ATF 4400 Automatic Transmission" for this, hope it is enough.

BR, Stefan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts