GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all after a bit of advice, booked to go to the ring/spa in oct but i have not sorted out travel plans yet, could any of you offer advice on whats best , i live in wardle a little village near rochdale.

Went last year via the tunnel just seemed to take "for ever" to get home but if i go via the ferry its only a hour and half from hull to home, any body been on this crossing ? whats it like ?

cheers,

I have to say its the rings fault i ended up with a GTR, i all ways liked them, but after seeing how fast they were i ended up spending all my money on one. ......... "you only live once and its not a dress rehearsal":)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
~8 hours plays ~11 hours isn't it? should be a no brainer?
Wardle-Folkestone 5hr
Best time check in to Calais 1hr (optimistic)
Calais to Ring ~5 hours

Wardle to hull 1.5hrs
Check in to Zeebruge say 2.5hrs
Zeebrugge to Ring ~4hrs

The ferry would have to be complete shite to even consider doing the 5hours of north to south trauma IMO.

Ringa and Spa ..mmmmm envious

·
Registered
171 Posts
The ferry's gotta be more like 12.5hrs rather than 2.5... Typo? But you'd be asleep for most of it. I think I'd still go for the boat. Cost difference?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
^ yep forget everything I said, complete bo**ox, I misread the hull reference as the ferry time :)
Well it is up north and Geography was never my strongest subject.

The ferry overnight would still be my fave though

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol no probs, costs are similar just looking for a bit of advice :) people on here have done a lot more Nurburg trips than me , I have done 1 track day in my life ,Nurburg last year it was bril and I can't wait to go back again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts