GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ... rite need your help guys! the last couple of days my hcr32 has started to make a humming noise from what sounds like the rear of the car at about 85mph and as the speed goes up so does the speed of the hum..
( like 85 hummmm...............hummmmmm............hummmmm.......hummmm....hummmm..hummmm 120+) not mega loud but still not a nice sound. the car is due for a service though.
what are your thoughts.
Thanks for your help in advance :).

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
My first thoughts would be a broken or bent part of the bodywork, but if the hum is intermitent then I'm a bit stuck to be honest.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ive found noise that may sound similar on my 32 gtr have noticed it stops if you ease off, have put it down to the fuel pump but not 100%

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
its not the tyres as they were only fitted last month. i was thinkin it could be a wheel bearing. but i remember when one went on my bros old golf it was a different sound (more of a squeal and was faster) will go and have a look and check for some play. if not how can i check the diff oil level? and no the noise stays the same just slows back down as the speed drops off.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Prop shaft is a possibility.Try this to see if the sound goes away ,go out for a spin get to 4th gear or there abouts at somewhere around 60mph and then knock her in to neutral and coast along and see if the noise changes or goes away,this will at least rule out some things like wheel bearings .

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh ok i will go for a drive but the noise only comes in at aobut 80 so i better find a nice empty bit of road lol!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right it still make the noise when its in neutral so it must be a bearing. has ne 1 got a part number and a price for a new rear bearing? i got a mate that works for nissan in the parts department and he can get me one for 104 quid as he can get me a discount which is nice. any 1 know somewhere else i can go aswell?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Are you giving a lift you the Flying Pickets?

I'll get my coat.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you giving a lift you the Flying Pickets?

I'll get my coat.
you what?? lol
yeh im gonna get her on the jacks tomoro and have a good look around. i noticed that you can feel a slight vibration through the car aswell when its humming. and i know the rear pads and dics are really really low and need doin so could it be them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts