GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps
Can anyone advise if they have fitted Hydraulic Bonnet lifters and if so where they purchased them from? I have now tried 2 sets from different suppliers and cant for the life of me work out the poxey diagram, together with the bracket that's supposed to fit on the bonnet not fitting no matter how I try:confused:

Im at my whitts end so any help or advice will be appreciated:thumbsup:

Cheers

Louie

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Louie, I purchased mine from site sponsor Carbon goodies, great quality and really easy to fit. Ricks a great guy to deal with.
Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

OK looking at the kit that Carbon Goodies supply this is exactly what I have. The brackets that mount on to the bonnet are the same, however when I remove the OEM nut and place the bracket on to the stud that's on the bonnet I cant then refit the nut as the bracket thickness means there isn't enough of the stud thread to do the nut up??

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Thanks Guys

OK looking at the kit that Carbon Goodies supply this is exactly what I have. The brackets that mount on to the bonnet are the same, however when I remove the OEM nut and place the bracket on to the stud that's on the bonnet I cant then refit the nut as the bracket thickness means there isn't enough of the stud thread to do the nut up??
That's because your doing it wrong, the bracket sandwiches between the bonnet and the hinge, you need to do one side at a time. Basically undo both nuts on the bonnet hinge and lift the bonnet off the hinge the place the bracket onto the bonnet bolts and you should have a big washer which goes on the rear bonnet bolt then place the bonnet back down on to the hinge and then the stock nuts will fit. The washer balances out the thickness of the bracket so your bonnet lines up flat. If you get stuck gimme a call and talk you through it 07973733441

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rabs....
What can I say other than thanks mate.....The instructions I have are pap, hence my frustration. However now you have described how to fit them it makes total sense. I owe you a brew @Jap show!!!

Thanks dude

Louie

That's because your doing it wrong, the bracket sandwiches between the bonnet and the hinge, you need to do one side at a time. Basically undo both nuts on the bonnet hinge and lift the bonnet off the hinge the place the bracket onto the bonnet bolts and you should have a big washer which goes on the rear bonnet bolt then place the bonnet back down on to the hinge and then the stock nuts will fit. The washer balances out the thickness of the bracket so your bonnet lines up flat. If you get stuck gimme a call and talk you through it 07973733441

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Rabs....
What can I say other than thanks mate.....The instructions I have are pap, hence my frustration. However now you have described how to fit them it makes total sense. I owe you a brew @Jap show!!!

Thanks dude

Louie
No problem my friend glad I could be a helpful to you, see you soon dude

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have a brand new set i never got chance to fit £50 + P&P if interested. Lovely carbon fibre bonet struts.

Hi Perrin,

I've replied to your PM but unsure if my PM's are being sent...
Yes, I'll take them thanks!

Iggy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts