GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my gtst has lsd,toms hicas lock, 265/35r18 tires at the back and apexi coil overs.
i dont know how it happened, but two times it shaked the back of the car, but didnt change the direction. i am scaried, because i will use the car for loung journeys and for high speed. i dont want to die and have an accident in an highway. the car is not for track.
how to avoid these problems of spinning?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The standard LSD is sh1te.

These cars are really sensitive to tyres, change them long before you would normally, and sometimes even the wrong make of tyre gives poor performance. 265's in wet conditions are no good either, very high risk of aquaplaning.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
tires that wide can tramline - follow nearly invisible ruts in the road. If the tires are worn, the tramlining gets worse - my nearly dead set of Yokohama Advan Neovas tramlined so bad it would jerk the steering wheel out of my hands. The problem completely disappeared when I put fresh tires on and tossed out those Yokos. Note also that on Skylines the inside of the tire wears much faster than the outside - so you might look at your tire and think you've got lots of tread left, but on the inside where you can't see they could be nearly bald - and such tires will definitely wander all over the road, following every imperfection.

Also check your ball joints. Your HICAS is locked but you still have HICAS arms, and if the tie rods or ball joints are wearing out, your rear wheels will begin to wiggle. Easy test - put the car on a lift, grab a rear wheel, and try to wiggle it side to side, see if it moves at all (it shouldn't move a hair).

·
R35 Section manager
11,054 Posts
The tyres are new and will need running in.(Stated on soc).

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Also check your ball joints. Your HICAS is locked but you still have HICAS arms, and if the tie rods or ball joints are wearing out, your rear wheels will begin to wiggle. Easy test - put the car on a lift, grab a rear wheel, and try to wiggle it side to side, see if it moves at all (it shouldn't move a hair).
i had the same problem. Only i put thee car on a lift and first visually inspected :rolleyes: , and noticed the ball joint was worn and the rubber was torn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts