GTR Forum banner

361 - 380 of 528 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,904 Posts
the deep marine blue is one of my favourite colours on an R33, but Yellow would look awesome also

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
I arrived at Zealou5 yesterday, the start of a full underside, front & rear end and engine bay 'restoration' project.

Work started immediately - full job list made and off we go!!!!!! ;)

I'll update as & when Bobby has the time to send images. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Work has started :D

Wheels, Suspension, side shirts, front & rear diffusers, front under engine tray, chassis brace bars, exhaust system & heat shields, fuel filler covers, brake line brackets, anti roll bars, brake callipers & brackets & lines, diversion ducting, wheel arch liners, strut brace, suspension, brake rotors & all fixings / brackets........etc, etc

All removed ready for powder coating, zinc plating and painting.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
What did the reimax engine have from the factory?
so far, 2 400R's, including myself have the black plastic Nissan cap and 2 have the flat Nismo alloy cap in the 3rd photo.

Bobby has the older type Nismo cap on his R32 and it just does not look right so I'll be having that I think - when he's not looking! :chuckle:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just read the whole thread. You are an amazing car Sully and have not let yourself slide :)

I would like to know about the rear diffuser though, it looks like a BNR34 vspec item but is also a little bit different to that. Was it factory fitted or added later.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
Just read the whole thread. You are an amazing car Sully and have not let yourself slide :)

I would like to know about the rear diffuser though, it looks like a BNR34 vspec item but is also a little bit different to that. Was it factory fitted or added later.
Thanks for the comments,

good now maybe, but when I come home from Zealou5 I will be amazing - according to Bob & the Z Team :squintdan

Ref rear diffuser.

Totally different to the R34 unit, and fitted to all 400R's when new as far as I know.

Jags, a wonder source of material, I think has a brochure showing the diffuser on a parts list that you could have purchased, for a large fortune - I thought a copy was posted within this thread - or maybe in a 400R thread elsewhere - I'll post it if I can locate.

:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the reply Sully, i can't wait to see you come back from Zealou5! Roughly how long are you holidaying there?

Interesting information about your diffuser, i didnt know they were available as an option. I do notice the fins fitted to it are the same as the Nismo ones available for the BNR34.

361 - 380 of 528 Posts