GTR Forum banner

381 - 400 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Sully, you look amazing as always and I bet your owner is missing you very much!

Question - once the work has all been done and your bodywork resurrected, does it mean you will be free to drive through salted roads as and when should it be an emergency without fear?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Thanks for the reply Sully, i can't wait to see you come back from Zealou5! Roughly how long are you holidaying there?

Interesting information about your diffuser, i didnt know they were available as an option. I do notice the fins fitted to it are the same as the Nismo ones available for the BNR34.

Due back home January / February 2017 :thumbsup:

Sully, you look amazing as always and I bet your owner is missing you very much!

Question - once the work has all been done and your bodywork resurrected, does it mean you will be free to drive through salted roads as and when should it be an emergency without fear?
Yes, flight booked for Bonneville - no problem. ;)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Had to google that :eek: :thumbsup:
I just did that too:eek:. Didnt have a clue at 1st

The Bonneville Salt Flats is a densely packed salt pan in Tooele County in northwestern Utah. The area is a remnant of the Pleistocene Lake Bonneville and is ...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Strip down continues.................

Short update.

Work continues at the Z Unit to strip down and send the parts away for powder coating, spraying & zinc plating.

Includes:- arches, suspension, diffuser brackets, anti roll bars, chassis braces, tow hook, brakes lines & brackets, front & rear bumpers, carbon prop shaft, front hubs, track rods, camber arms, brakes & brackets, bonnet catch, driveshafts, brake rotors, handbrake mechanism, hicas ball joints, hub carriers etc, etc.

plus work begins cleaning up the body ready for the colour matched epoxy mastic to be applied.

Top work Zealou5 - keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
This was amazing when it landed in UK, now... it will simply be one of the best examples of a 400R in the UK... and dare I say it the world!

You've done the right thing in having the chassis fully protected! Stripping down that old underseal etc is a very long process, but it's worth the time!

Looking forward to more pictures!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Update time - thanks to Bobby for the photographs - my hands are off so can't use the camera at present :runaway:

All of the underside, wheel arches etc where sprayed with the custom light grey epoxy mastic 121 - 3 coats - coloured matched to the original.

We then colour matched the blue used for the arches & applied a 3 further coats to the wheel arches, outer sills, boot floor & outer chassis areas and allowed the blue to blow over the inner chassis areas of the grey colour as per original.

Great attention to detail by Zealou5 - makes all the difference in the end :bowdown1:

Powder coated parts are now back, so assembly starts next week :runaway:

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,031 Posts
While the front bumper is off, can you grab a pic of the inside of it?

Interested in the grill mesh inside the bumper vents. Only seen it on 400Rs and wondered how it's done.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Weekly update. :runaway:

front & rear subframes, steering arms, drive shafts, track & hicas rod ends are degreased, cleaned & painted in 2 pack primer & satin black.

All Nismo suspension arms (12) are media blasted prior to prepping for paint.

Front & rear Brembo's are dissasembled, cleaned ready for 2K clear coat.

Strip down Bilstein shocks & clean, ready for paint.

New ball joints, inner & outer CV boots etc ordered.

:wavey:

381 - 400 of 528 Posts