GTR Forum banner

501 - 520 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Needed some firm info regarding the block used in the 400R, so I asked my owner to e-mail Reinix, their reply is below.

###############################

Dear Sir,

It's been a while.

How is Sully doing?

For 400R engine block, 24U(N1) was used.

We have not made modifications to reinforce the engine block.

24U is a reinforcement product for 05U(STD).

Best Regards,

===================================
REIMAX Co. Ltd.

############################################

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Any ideas what the difference between an 05U and a 24U block is to make the 24U stronger?

From what i have learnt after researching the different blocks is that the N1 (24U) blocks are cast from a superior material that has a higher nickel content compared to the standard block. In addition to using a superior material, N1 blocks are also said to have thicker cylinder walls and deck surfaces for improved power handling and durability at high power levels.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #512 (Edited)
Great weekend, cleaning and preparing myself for the MOT today which I passed - luckily!! :eek:

The underside is still looking fantastic proving that preparation is the key to renovation that lasts and that the skills of Bobby & the Zealou5 team cannot be beaten, IMO. :bowdown1:

Used a few new products on the paintwork and plastic/rubber seals & trims - I think they work well. Thanks to bhp for the recommendations. :)

Nervously waiting for the MOT. :runaway:

A few images taken whilst over the pit at the MOT station.

Nothing had been cleaned underside. Lasting well Bobby. :smokin:

:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the same "coil over" setup in mine and it's way too stiff, I mean, too bumpy. I'm going to replace with Ohlins hopefully.

501 - 520 of 523 Posts