GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks Sully, Your 400R and my R1 plus a few other nice cars on that boat :cool:

R1 is rare as, i fell for it once i saw Paul's shrek (JPS) :bowdown1: plus this one had the GT block and a few other goodies, it was too good to decline

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Guys, are you entirely sure there's only 20 R1's? Only asking as the R1 tuning package was available to anyone, drive in drive out kind of thing, they weren't actual "Nismo" cars like the 270R, 400R or Z Tune
Was available or is still available? The service tuning package I mean?

·
Registered
25,036 Posts
Guys, are you entirely sure there's only 20 R1's? Only asking as the R1 tuning package was available to anyone, drive in drive out kind of thing, they weren't actual "Nismo" cars like the 270R, 400R or Z Tune
There are far more than 20 R 1 engines in GT-Rs.

as you say the R1 and S1 were available to anyone that wanted to pay 2m yen for them. 100% sure there are more than 20.

20 Z tunes yes, but not 20 R spec engines.

the Final spec engine by Omori was limited to 70 units (from memory) that is rare.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts

Not sure exactly. :confused:

Yes, the R1 engine could be purchased and fitted 'yourself', or the full 'R Tune' (or S Tune) package could be purchased and fitted by Nismo at the Omori factory. The numbers of full R Tune cars seems to be very low - my earlier research came up with 17 only - The R Tune package for a R34 was an expensive option back in 2005, I'm not surprised very few where Nismo'd - that's in addition to the original R34's cost in 2002.

·
Registered
25,036 Posts
Not sure exactly. :confused:

Yes, the R1 engine could be purchased and fitted 'yourself', or the full 'R Tune' (or S Tune) package could be purchased and fitted by Nismo at the Omori factory. The numbers of full R Tune cars seems to be very low - my earlier research came up with 17 only - The R Tune package for a R34 was an expensive option back in 2005, I'm not surprised very few where Nismo'd - that's in addition to the original R34's cost in 2002.
i started to go to Japan in 2003, and there were alot of money being spent on tuning parts, Mines, Greddy, Nismo etc. Just look how TAS has changed in those 15/6 years.

Owners were not too worried about what they were spending.

these days it is a little different, but people do still pay the money.

the R package was (and still is) a good engine package.

people still buy the omori engines (it has to be fitted at Omori) but not in the same volume as they used too

car looks very nice, but all i am saying is that there are more than 19 other people in japan running the same engine set up

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Questioning the actual figures produced??

20 Z tunes yes, but not 20 R spec engines.
Hmmmm....Are you 100% sure that there were actually twenty Z-Tune II's built by Nismo Matty? Nissan has a habit of saying that they'll produce "X" number of limited edition vehicles like this £86k version of the BNR34 but when somebody actually does a physical search for the specified number, they some how seem to turn up short time and time again.

This scan below from the "Nissan GT-R Supercar Born to Race" book also helps the argument for less than twenty vehicles :-

Its interesting that, instead of the planned 20, only 19 Z2's were built because NISMO had problems finding a 20th car that met the required qualities.
I always found it odd that when High Performance Imports magazine was shown around the Omori Factory by Mr Iwata at Nismo during the final stages in 2006, You only saw pictures of R34-Z-016 (fully Completed) R34-Z-017 (having its engine fitted & nearly done) and two more shells (one in White with Grey primer & Bayside Blue at the very start of the rebuild process) which were probably numbers R34-Z-018 and R34-Z-019 respectively.

Its almost as if back then they knew there wasn't going to be a 20th Z-Tune made!

JM2PW!:)

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Hmmmm....Are you 100% sure that there were actually twenty Z-Tune II's built by Nismo Matty? Nissan has a habit of saying that they'll produce "X" number of limited edition vehicles like this £86k version of the BNR34 but when somebody actually does a physical search for the specified number, they some how seem to turn up short time and time again.

JM2PW!:)

yes, only 19 big Z's, and they where not all silver! :)

·
Registered
25,036 Posts
there were z tunes after the official launch

anyways 19/20 its neither here nor there, the fact is, nismo engine is / was available to anyone who wanted to buy it.

there will be more than 20.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Matty, Do you know of how many R1's were made with the full package, ie engine, chassis, suspension etc etc?

·
Registered
25,036 Posts
when you take your gtr to omori, you can add so many other options.

rare that they add the suspension items but it can be done

its not part of the package

having an R1 / R2 / S1/S2 is essentially the owner wanted it to have that spec and had it fitted at nismo

other items can be added later, saying i have 1 or xxxx is pie in the sky

there are always other japanese owners with this specification

final spec engine is the limited run, that there were only 70 definitely produced

we can supply one if required at £10k all in to UK. its one of the last engines.

nismo have sold out, but we can supply. (new unused)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks for the info Matty, that final spec engine is worth having! and apologies to Sully for the thread hijack

·
Registered
25,036 Posts
i am thinking of fitting a final spec engine.

the issue that puts me off, is that although rare the nismo enignes are, 500ps and above is not really going to be sustainable in the long term.

nismo only offer R34 Turbos and Nismo ec, which are of no use to me.

so better to send the car to Midor Seibi or similar. for less money but more potential.

Nismo engines are great, but i would not wish to map/change it beyond what the current nismo spec is.

81 - 100 of 523 Posts