GTR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Congrats sully welcome to the UK :)

Great shame your mighty R1 didn't arrive also.

It was taken off the ship at Dakar and was going to enter a rally or something - they said you can collect it from Paris in a few weeks :chuckle:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
Where has your front grill gone??:eek:
evening Mr Sky

my owner and Jurgen removed all of the 400R branded parts as they can't easily be replaced - horn, grills, wing end caps, etc, etc. :wavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, I thought this was the car that Evo drove. No way I'd let those clowns near my R400 if I had one but nice to see it in the mag all the same.

I take it you've all seen this one:

Torque GT - Nissan Skyline Nismo 400R

how could it only be a 3.5B with only 8000 miles?
Being one of only 44 cars, the 400R is a rare thing. At only around 42.000km and an obvious high level of care during its life, I think its fair to say that my car is probably one of the better ones left. But I'm a firm believer in using cars according to their purpose, keeping a garage queen locked up never appealed to me. That being said, my cars receive the best care possible and I use and treat them with the respect warranted for unique pieces of automotive history.

Before I asked Torque GT to find me a car, I did what research I could. There was very little period material to be found, especially in english. So if you were curious about how the car really looked, felt and handled, there wasn't a whole lot there. When I bought and transported #37 (the midnight purple car in the evo test) to the UK, it was the only 400R in the UK as far as I could tell. To me, being an enthusiast is as much about fulfilling a personal goal as sharing the joy of the experience.

So I contacted Jethro Bovingdon at evo with the purpose of doing just that. Speaking to him I found someone who was as passionate about the 400R as I was - so there was never any apprehension in handing over the keys to him. I flew down and was present for most of the shoot, and the only sense of discomfort was from the biting wind and cold. Evo were extremely professional throughout.

For myself, it was a fun day with lots of car talk. But more to the point, a magazine with a reach like evo doing a piece on the 400R means the car all of a sudden becomes accessible to many with small chance of ever seeing a 400R in the flesh. You seem to agree it was nice to see it in the mag. So if you ask me, it was very worthwhile. You are welcome. And I would, and perhaps will, hand over keys to Evo again without any concern.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Great to hear you have arrived, congratualtions! Have you been collected yet? Looking forward to sharing notes :)
Hi,

customs clearance as present - I'm due to be collected tomorrow or friday - but no one tells me anything - I am always the last to know! :runaway:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I have now been collected by Jurgen and the team today - lovely sunny day - Is this weather normal for the UK ? :rolleyes:

Jurgen tells me that my new owner will be coming to see me on Saturday - I am so excited! :chuckle:

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
wow sully.you are looking nice :thumbsup: I better spare some time on saturday to check you out :)

Also Jurgen , Please stop importing White R32s !!!! :chuckle:

141 - 160 of 523 Posts