GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So not driven my car for a few weeks maybe months!!!

Test drove new M5 competition today I've driven it before briefly and decided to have another go today but this time a more spirited drive as wanted to see what all the fuss was about and with the every intention of putting a deposit down if it made me smile. I have to say I was very impressed.

So came home after thinking do I do this or keep my GTR as was given a very strong offer.

Made an effort of moving all the stuff blocking my car in, took the cover off, swept the dust and took it out the garage and went for a drive

And ... I'm back in love!!!!

That break made me appreciate the time apart and made me realise once again how fortunate I am to own this beautiful machine.

Their is always gonna be bigger better faster cars out there but you know what there's only one true Godzilla! (Not saying M5c is faster)

What a remarkable toy we all have/had or will have again... and is it weird whilst crunching numbers on another car the whole time in the back of my mind I kept thinking right if I'm gonna do this it's needs to be done in a way that when I sell this M5 I walk away with enough to make sure I get back into another GTR. Or is that just me?

Anyway the love affair is over and I'm not going anywhere if any of u feel the same about maybe time for a change or maybe try something different just go take it on a track or do some crazy road trip in it and you will soon eat your words/thoughts and if that don't work then there's always Litchfield :cool:

It's there, I know it is because when I look at you, I can feel it, and when I look at you and I know I'm home #gtr4life

Had to share !

Registered
So true. I'm on my 4th R35. The first 3 never made it out of warranty for very different reasons but no. 4 is coming up to 5 years old this April. Why have I kept this one so long? Because I seriously can't find anything to replace it with - even the call of a V8 doesn't quite make it...

Registered
the M5 isn't really a head turner for me, I'm on my 2nd GTR and would like to hang on to it as long as possible.

Also isn't the M5 competition slower around the Nurburgring than the GT-R Nismo?

Premium Member
So not driven my car for a few weeks maybe months!!!

Test drove new M5 competition today I've driven it before briefly and decided to have another go today but this time a more spirited drive as wanted to see what all the fuss was about and with the every intention of putting a deposit down if it made me smile. I have to say I was very impressed.

So came home after thinking do I do this or keep my GTR as was given a very strong offer.

Made an effort of moving all the stuff blocking my car in, took the cover off, swept the dust and took it out the garage and went for a drive

And ... I'm back in love!!!!

That break made me appreciate the time apart and made me realise once again how fortunate I am to own this beautiful machine.

Their is always gonna be bigger better faster cars out there but you know what there's only one true Godzilla! (Not saying M5c is faster)

What a remarkable toy we all have/had or will have again... and is it weird whilst crunching numbers on another car the whole time in the back of my mind I kept thinking right if I'm gonna do this it's needs to be done in a way that when I sell this M5 I walk away with enough to make sure I get back into another GTR. Or is that just me?

Anyway the love affair is over and I'm not going anywhere if any of u feel the same about maybe time for a change or maybe try something different just go take it on a track or do some crazy road trip in it and you will soon eat your words/thoughts and if that don't work then there's always Litchfield :cool:

It's there, I know it is because when I look at you, I can feel it, and when I look at you and I know I'm home #gtr4life

Had to share !
Fair play the R35 is a much fun car to drive, delivers acceleration in a exhilarating way! a deserved Godzilla! Earned and borrowed from the Mighty R32

don't tell JohnE90M3 about not buying the M5, He won't be happy! :ROFLMAO::p

Premium Member
I have had the same thoughts, sat at home not using it as much as I should, an expensive toy for the weekends, time to get something more sensible, time to sell I think.

Then one quick drive and I am back, whatever possessed me to think of selling!!!

Registered
I'm the same as John FR...on my 3rd GTR (2009, 2011, 2016).
1st two...sold after 12 months, this one is over 3 years old and has an MOT attached. Unheard of.
I'd only swap for another 911 but cannot justify paying the same money ontop for a replacement that isn't worth twice the value (current).

Registered
My wife's business partner has an M5 - I don't think I've ever seen a less exciting looking car, especially when it cost around 拢100k...
I've had the GTR seven years now, have thought about changing it just for the sake of a change but can't really think of anything I'd want enough (that I can afford!)

R35 Section manager
[QUOTE="lordretsudo, post: 5806037,
I've had the GTR seven years now, have thought about changing it just for the sake of a change but can't really think of anything I'd want enough (that I can afford!)
[/QUOTE]

I think the price does come into it a lot as there are not many cars with this performance and reliability.

That said I'm struggling to think of what I would like if money wasnt an issue? Maybe that's because I know that probably will never be the case!

Just off to buy a lottery ticket.

Registered
The Taycan is the first electric car that has appealed. That said by the time you spec it up you are getting on for GT-R Nismo price. And there's no electricity in my parking facility :LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts