GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought a skyline!!!

It's a purple R33 GTR, with reg R500 GTR.

It's in lovely nick, with full middlehurst history and 34k miles. I get it on saturday and i'm very excited!!!

Jon :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to the club - get ready for being starred at by 50% of the people you drive past and enjoy baiting boxster drivers.

cheers

Iain

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!

Yep, I'm dead chuffed. I still love my scoob; it's going back to the dealer i bought it from this afternoon. But it was quicker than boxster's anyway!!!

Unfortunately it's coming from manchester, and i live in bedford... so i've got a 180 mile journey on the motorway to get it home. Frankly I'd rather spend the first tankfull on some twisties, but beggars can't be choosers.

It's a totally standard car... even got the stock exhaust on it. I can't really afford mods at the moment... since i'm only 23 the insurance would get quite ridiculous if i started twiddling things.

When I hit 25 in just over a year, it's a nice big drop in insurance cost. So then I'll have the option of either swapping it for an R34, or tweaking it a bit.

It's still a fast and fantastic car in standard form though, so i'll be happy for now. I just have to be careful and learn how to drive it... never had a rear wheel drive car, and people say that the scoob's handling is a little more forgiving. I'll be taking it easy for a while.

Are there any track days or meets coming up soon? I'd love to meet some of you, and since I live all of 2 miles from bedford autodrome, it's pretty easy if it's there!

Actually, maybe 3 months ago I think you lot had a track day there (before I frequented this board)... on the way to work I saw about 10 gtr's, and at one point (on the sharnbrook roundabout), i had 3 R33's behind me and one in front! Jap car convoy :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Bedford autodrome on the 21st June.
£35 to joing the Bimmer owners club £35 for an evening of trackside adventure.

look up the thread on the meetings board for details and contact no's.

have fun in the skyline and go easy on the first few bends it aint like a scoob.

if you are going to do some track days straight off I'd get it de restricted if I were you. 112 on a 140mph straight will be a bit of a choker !!

welcome to the club.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts