GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Can you help me to find a timing belt for my RB31 OSGIKEN? OR may be someone can advice where I can order this belt?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Its not, they use a different lower crank drive gear and different cam gears with less teeth, welcome to the world of having an OSG engine.

Last time I needed one for an OSG engine I had here for a rebuild I couldn't get one either, luckily it had done so few miles since its last rebuild done elsewhere I ended up using the same one again.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I might be wrong but as far as i know RB Motorsport are OS Giken resellers. Maybe they can help?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Length, width and number of teeth will help alot.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The mazda one is way too long, don't waste your time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not, they use a different lower crank drive gear and different cam gears with less teeth, welcome to the world of having an OSG engine.

Last time I needed one for an OSG engine I had here for a rebuild I couldn't get one either, luckily it had done so few miles since its last rebuild done elsewhere I ended up using the same one again.
And what`s the decision for me? How do you think? I make a request to RB motorsport. Waiting for their answer.
PS Timing belt that OSG give me is rubs

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I presume you mean it rubs on something? Whats it rubbing on or whats the problem?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Sorry don't know what you mean,

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Lol, come on, his english is probably 10 times better than any of us can speak/type his language.

OP, maybe a picture will help us understand what you mean.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
How many teeth is the belt you have now and is the tensioner bearing on maximum adjustment when the belt touches?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Your cam gears look bigger than the top gears I have seen on an OSG, it had a smaller lower gear and smaller top gears.

Seems strange the tensioner even at maximum adjustment would allow the belt to touch itself.

Are the 2 top gears a matched pair to the lower cambelt gear (ie: has the motor been running before with the same lower gear and top gears you have on it now?)

When you have the tensioner in the minimum position I presume the belt you have now goes on very easy and stays lose untill your near maximum.

Do you know how many teeth the belt is suppose to have?

No reply from RB yet?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts