GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of a set of HKS 2530 turbos and am wondering, from other owners that are using them, which are the most suitable cams to run, to get the most out of the turbos?? Both Poncams and HKS step 1's seem to be the most common, but I need to know experiences?

also, if I'm going to run these turbos at 1.4 BAR, will I need to upgrade the injectors? and if so, which ones will support this boost pressure best? I already have an uprated fuel pump.

Cheers for any guidance

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tomei setup, 260/10.25 inlet and 252/9.15 exhaust. Im about to order mine in the next few days from RHDJapan, 300 ish.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'd also like to know what injectors, although if I had to guess I'd say 700cc would be on the safe side. 2530s, cams, and fuel system will be the final step in my upgrade plans.

The Tomei cams you mention, do they require any modifications to the head for clearance?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Monster said:
Tomei setup, 260/10.25 inlet and 252/9.15 exhaust. Im about to order mine in the next few days from RHDJapan, 300 ish.

I think you are going with the ProCAM then.

What is the reason behind going 260/10.25 and the 252/9.25 CAM? sometime I see people with longer exhaust CAM, sometime I see shorter, can you give me some advice on this?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nocturnal said:

What is the reason behind going 260/10.25 and the 252/9.25 CAM? sometime I see people with longer exhaust CAM, sometime I see shorter, can you give me some advice on this?
The setup seems work well with for my mate in his R33, he made 650 bhp @1.5 bar with 2530's and 490 ft.lb. SO im replicating his setup really. He does run Sard 660cc injectors along with a nismo fuel pump.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nocturnal said:

The reason behind running a longer duration on the exhaust side is to better the effect of scavaging. That's not the only reason, but the only one i can remember :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts