GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my GTR up in a Retail park and locked the car with my Finger :D ... a few spaces away a Bloke is watching me and Shouts 'Love the Motor' and says Was that your finger print you used to lock the car, ....... I Smiled and said Yes the car is Programmed to read my prints Only .....Wow thats so cool he replied standing just gawping at my GTR ...... My Son and I walked away exercising great self control ...Not to Laugh :D:chuckle::)

CJ

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I've been asked that before!

Very suspicious of fingerprint coding. Doesn't that just encourage thieves to cut your finger off? :runaway:

And as for retina scanning, has anyone seen Demolition Man? :p

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
And as for retina scanning, has anyone seen Demolition Man? :p
I've worked with retina scans. The proper ones flash a light into your eye mid-way through the scan, so the computer can check that your pupil dilates. This is precisely to ensure that the eyeball being checked is still connected to a living person.

·
Registered
765 Posts
When I got up this morning someone must have tried it because there was finger marks on my door. I shall be sleeping with the window and curtains open tonight in case they return :nervous:

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
When I got up this morning someone must have tried it because there was finger marks on my door. I shall be sleeping with the window and curtains open tonight in case they return :nervous:
I think your fine at the moment, its when you find a few eyeballs on your drive that you need to phone the coppers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Urgh! So was eyeball removal a common way of getting past the first generation scanners? :nervous:
Indeed I remember seeing a korean company's brochure for their biometric iris reader and one of the features listed was "does not work with non living eyes" - doesn't bear thinking about... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I told a guy at a services on the M6 that my door opens to my body odour........

Not sure whether he believed me or not!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Parked my GTR up in a Retail park and locked the car with my Finger :D ... a few spaces away a Bloke is watching me and Shouts 'Love the Motor' and says Was that your finger print you used to lock the car, ....... I Smiled and said Yes the car is Programmed to read my prints Only .....Wow thats so cool he replied standing just gawping at my GTR ...... My Son and I walked away exercising great self control ...Not to Laugh :D:chuckle::)

CJ
We had the same fun in the car park at le Mans last year. We even let a young lad try it out with the key far enough away so that it didn't open when he tried but did when i did it.

We did however explain it afterwards. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
yeah im confused as well does the new sat nav have finger print technology??
sarcasm doesnt work well on the internet.

i like having a key
Nope, but they have a little button you can press to unlock the doors if you don't want to get the remote fob out and press the right button on that.

I prefer my Z06's keyless entry which automatically unlocks the door if you touch the door "handle" (in reality, just a pressure switch) and have the fob on you. It also automatically locks it as you walk out of range.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had the same fun in the car park at le Mans last year. We even let a young lad try it out with the key far enough away so that it didn't open when he tried but did when i did it.

We did however explain it afterwards. :thumbsup:
Excellent :clap: But now I feel guilty having not confessed my mistruth to the guy :bawling:

·
Registered
25 Posts
fingerprint recognition

Haha ive told many people that my gtr has fingerprint recognition!!!and they all believe it,think it comes with having a seriously cool car,its know as the BATMOBILE where i live,getting a reputation in town!!!!!gulp

·
Registered
198 Posts
LOL, ive been asked this by a couple of people.

"what has it got finger print opening on the doors mate"

i coudnt bring myself to lie, but i could imagine my giggles if i did.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Fitting fingerprint recognition is possible. I'll try and see if i can find the show car i saw with it.

Saying that, i'd rather not. I've seen to many movies :chuckle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts