1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
RIPS engine. Enough said.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Thanks mate. What ones can you get. I am convinced they are Do-Luck.

it would please the missus. She loves the BSB but she HATES the wing.

I am sure your car has lower spoiler risers.

Alex

look custom but we can supply ones that are sort of the same

couple of companies in japan do them

car looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
When I saw that R34 this morning it made me realise the HUGE difference that a set of bigger and wider wheels make on a GTR. Seeing it with skinny standard rims and tyres made it look tiny compared to my R35. Looked almost like a R34 GTT!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thanks guys. That's my car.

Really want those rear wing stays... anyone know the brand?
The wing stay is custom made.

His DIY NZ strut brace didn't fit too well on the strut tops....
The strut brace was made for RB26 engine and fitted perfectly. With the extra height difference when the RB30 engine went in, the nut spacer was the lazy, quick solution. Haven't got around to sorting it out yet. Thanks for noticing and jumping to your own conclusion.

Yes full CAD design and it doesn't fit without bodgy spacers
As above.

·
Registered
624 Posts

The wing stay is custom made.

The strut brace was made for RB26 engine and fitted perfectly. With the extra height difference when the RB30 engine went in, the nut spacer was the lazy, quick solution. Haven't got around to sorting it out yet. Thanks for noticing and jumping to your own conclusion.

As above.
TOUCHE!! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

First of all your Car is awesomely amazing, your work is Top Class and boy have you got some Skill :hatsoff: you obviously knew what you was doing when designing and manufacturing process, I would take that as 'Nismo' any day, only difference is they made it in Japan with a crew of engineers workers, whilst you made it yourself. Only thing is Nismo are probably not the happiest of bunnies right now :rolleyes: maybe you could work for them. :chuckle:

·
Registered
594 Posts
First of all your Car is awesomely amazing, your work is Top Class and boy have you got some Skill :hatsoff: you obviously knew what you was doing when designing and manufacturing process, I would take that as 'Nismo' any day, only difference is they made it in Japan with a crew of engineers workers, whilst you made it yourself. Only thing is Nismo are probably not the happiest of bunnies right now :rolleyes: maybe you could work for them. :chuckle:
Much appreciated.

I can understand the R&D that goes into making parts by the big name companies and I fully support them. I simply couldn't afford the price tag many times and had to make my own. I did only make my own with a few personal tweaks and never made one to sell just to keep within my ethics.

There are many parts I know I can design much better. I have friends in machining and welding sides help out where their skills are needed and the end product is user friendly, better most times and cheaper.

I'll dig out some pics of my boot. I have put in a 10lbs NOS bottle bracket and a fuel surge tank without drilling any holes in the body of the car. I still carry my spare wheel and all tools with the boot mat and get them in and out any time I need them. And I still have boot space to carry 2-3 good size travelling bags if I needed to take the car for a road trip.

Thanks for the support guys.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Aha, I thought that may have been the case.
I also spent an hour last week fettling (bashing!) my ARC titanium tower bar end plates to fit so it caught my eye.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts