GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I appreciate the principle of restricting new members placing ads, but I am a fully paid up member since February 2009 and owner of a R35 so hardly likely to be involved in "fraudulent activity". To remove my ad seems a bit harsh :(

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the thing is though if i was a scammer i wouldnt mind paying subsription then robbing someone of a few hundred

am i making sense i am tired lol

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
If someone has made effort to join GTROC you have their name and address don't you?

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
The Owners Club would have their address. This forum wouldn't. Data protection prevents that info being passed on.

I'm with agent-x. Paying a joining fee doesn't automatically make the user Mother Teresa.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
thanks moleman

also people could give a bogus address there is no way to prevent that

i personally think the system we have at the moment is ok but maybe we should increase the minimum posts to 100

i have noticed people spend 2 or 3 days just to make up 50 posts

or maybe put a limit on to how many posts new members can do in a day or something

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
The Owners Club would have their address. This forum wouldn't. Data protection prevents that info being passed on.

I'm with agent-x. Paying a joining fee doesn't automatically make the user Mother Teresa.
Good enough I guess, just a bit harsh on the honest (minority?!). Not complaining, just an observation.:cool:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
there is no doubt about that

like they say if you give an inch they take a mile

if people find there is some kind of way around to getting free money out of people they will

at first i thought its abit unfair but i have realised it needs to be more strict to be honest

maybe for new members only have 20 posts a month and they need a 100 posts before they can sell that would be perfect i personally think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts