GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the first few pictures of the long awaited Tommy Kaira ZZ2!!! This is a fully functional prototype ...and as GT3 fans will notice it remains faithful to the 3D version of the game.

Wow!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
547 Posts
Very pretty

Any mention of cost in all the Japanese text :)

i wonder whent he first journalist will get their hands on it

Cheers

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Hi Dino,

Great pictures. Any idea what's hiding beneath that raised section over the inlet cam cover?

Peter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
WOW!!

Dino,

Wow!

And it’s left hand drive :smokin:

Maybe they might want to talk to stack at http://www.stackinc.com/ about the instrument display. ;)

Any details of the performance ? and price, delivery, etc :confused:

Paul.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what has been said in the past, these are the targets the car should stick to:
1000kg
4WD
Fully adjustable suspension
and a price tag around 10 mil yen

The engine is around the 500bhp mark, and capacity has been lifted to 2700cc

PeterE....what do you mean? It looks normal to me...

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
This bit here. I thought that, like the 33, both sides of the cam cover are flat.....

Peter.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
And VFM

That’s only $80,000 and are they going to be built at the same place as their current Elise type sports car in the UK?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Things

Peter.

Are they not to do with breathers ? I have seen something like this as an add on item for the RB26.

glen

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Hi Glen,

You're probably right. I wondered if it was a baffle type fitment which, as you say, you can get as an after market mod.

Cheers.

Peter.

PS. No word about Ronnie yet.... I'm on the case though. :)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peter...I'm still not completely sure what you mean. The fitment of a cam-baffle-plate like the one on this link http://www.prospec-ms.co.uk/merchandise/engine.html does not require the fitment of a taller cam cover. All RBs have had the same engine covers and I just cant see a difference.

If you look at the below picture taken froma 34 you will see that the area in question has the same cam cover as the RB from the ZZII

Attachments

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Sorry Dino, you're quite right, it just looked more pronounced than I remembered it. Perhaps it's just the angle.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HI Peter,

Its probably the finish on the engine cover that looks a bit weird. I think that's one from Nismo....the R ans S tunes get that scratch resistant finish too

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm getting me one of those !!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW !!!! That's one of the nicest looking cars I've seen in a long time, and basing it on the hardware we all know and trust so much it's gotta be a great combo doesn't it ?????

All those little tricks you're doing with your current Skyline will work just as well on that little puppy...........

Hey Dino...........heard any real world release dates mentioned ????

AWESOME job.

Fraser

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Cooool!

As I said in an earlier post, I can't see anyone choosing an expensive R35 GT-R if TK can actually produce something this beautiful (and mid-engined) for similar or even appreciably more money!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
oh my god, that is a Japanese Mclaren F1 with 4WD and turbocharged!!!!! :eek:

Too bad we can never make that thing legalized in the U.S. :rolleyes:

I just found my dream car that I can never have unless I move to Japan :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts