GTR Forum banner

i dont know which wheels i should buy....

11K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  kris84 
#1 ·
hey guys,

help me to decide which wheels i will buy.
i have a black 34 gtr.

looks a bit boring with the stock wheels (tein lowering springs are installed after this photo)

my plans are:

jade r in 4x 10x19

19" GUN JADE R ALLOY WHEELS NISSAN SKYLINE GTR + TYRES on eBay (end time 08-Mar-10 11:32:03 GMT)

they look good on a black gtr:

or these gt4 copies in 9.5x19:

19" SIL CRUIZE 136 ALLOY WHEELS ONLY NISSAN SKYLINE GTR on eBay (end time 19-Feb-10 16:45:35 GMT)

i would pray them in bronze like here:

or my last option, these bbs lemans style wheels in 9,5x19

19" BBS LM STYLE ALLOY WHEELS VW GOLF MK4 AND AUDI TT on eBay (end time 02-Mar-10 21:51:50 GMT)

maybe i paint the spokes in black.

i will use some center hub spacers for all of them. please dont ask why im not buying original wheels, i just went t67billet single so im a little bit low on money :D

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
None of those wheels will look right without 20-25mm spacers at each corner.
To fill the arches properly you'll need 18/19 x 9.5 + 12 or 18/19 x 10 + 15.

+35 offset with 8.5 width on an R34 GT-R will just look wrong... assuming they won't foul the Brembo calipers and stop the wheels from rotating unless you make the use of spacers..

If you want to save on costs - You'd be better off fitting some spacers and using your high quality original R34 GT-R rims, than fitting poor quality gravity cast wheels which will probably begin to corrode soon after you put them on and require a lot of balancing weights because of non uniform casting...

Ebay tuning is rarely worthwhile....You get what you pay for. Best not to compromise your car when wanting to improve it's looks, I'd say.

#6 ·
Please not bronze TE37s . . . will be the 100s same looking GTR out there. Of course if it`s your cup of tea, go for them them, but as you asked for . . . go for those 19" GUN JADE Rs . .

Or if you have the money for Advans take used Advan RCIIs or Advan Racing RSs and refurbish them in black . . .will look the nuts and certainly keep value if you care them.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.