GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

The rear of the origninal concept...I don't need to point out that it looks NOTHING like the prototype...so forget any notions you might have that that sketch you see before you is the GT-R concept, it isn't. it is the GT-R PROTO to be shown in a few days...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Still don't like it. When you look at it you should be able to identify it as a GTR with out question, that just does not happen. Its to much of a departure from other GTRs. Infact the front looks like last years Mitsubishi Eclipse we have in the States. I need to see the real car, but everything I've seen so far has got me turned off. I'm sorry I'm not just going to buy the car just because it says GTR on it, like many over here will. If it makes it over here detuned and watered down Nissan can forget about getting any of my hard earned dollars. Also it could be the best performing GTR of all time but if it looks like CRAP I'm still not buying it. I also want to see how tunable the new car is. The previous GTRs were known for being very tunable in the horsepower department, this will also be a selling point for me.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
People. Those sketches are authentic.

There is actualluy a press embargo until next Mon on these so looks like someone has been a bad boy!

I don't see what the negative comments are all about. This car is boody fantasitc!;)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
DCD said:

There is actualluy a press embargo until next Mon on these so looks like someone has been a bad boy!

I don't see what the negative comments are all about. This car is boody fantasitc!;)
I for one think that is simply stunning if it makes it to production like that :smokin:

Your validation kinda changes the direction of the thread I think ;)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I had a funny feeling those sketches were going to be real... hence not ribbing the poor bloke! I think the PROTO looks great, but looing back at the original concept, wasn't that bloody horrible!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It will then be interesting to see how close the real thing is to the sketches. Will be a pretty harsh ride with 10 profile tyres!

Agreed, the concept was f**kin hideous!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I wonder if they'll release any technical details? According to Evo a couple of months back, Nissan stated the next GTR would either be highly advanced and crammed with technology, or something much simpler and cheaper that would be fit for mass production. Hmm.... my money says it'll be the latter.

·
Banned
2,097 Posts
Shap looks like a meaner version of the 350Z:D I like it!!

shame the RB26DETT will be no longer.. they probably have a VQ namby pamby engine to satisfy US regulations

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
If it's as aggressive as those sketches it'll be awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing this now!

Cheers
Nito

·
Registered
245 Posts
DCD said:

I'm told by an Infiniti dealer CEO in the states (who I correspond with re my V35)that the pics are authentic, and the proverbiale has hit the fan due to their release, BUT " they have to be viewed in the context of a designers expression of automotive fluidity" WTF. I think he was trying to say that the sketches don't translate into metal. Let's hope it's close though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
vennuth said:
"Last edited by brummie : Today at 02:39 PM. Reason: sorry "

lol
I'm not responsible for my lack of keyboard skills, I was following Major Kronenburgs orders. ;)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts