GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I believe the GT-R concept sat 4, so I don't see why this won't follow suit. you get the feeling that if this car is as practical as it is exciting to drive, there won't be many other options for buyers in the market.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That actually looks nice. I think i will wait till the propper unveiling b4 i start getting wet....U never know what nissan has up its sleeve. I remember reading the scoop on the R34 and it promised F1-style gearchange as well as other options that never surfaced.....

Gez

·
Registered
245 Posts
R33_GTS-t said:
And the rest. UK spec R34 in 2001 more than that. Think about it, 70kUSD (MR'd suggested price) is spect up 911 territory. Think UK, think rip off culture and you're at £55k+ at todays prices. IMO

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
The C6 Z06 is $70k in the States and it will be available on import here for £50k and that's a US home-grown car. The price of cars in the States isn't always cheaper than it is here, it depends on model.

I'm actually tempted to start a business importing R33 GTSTs from here to the US, or even better from Japan to the US. Buy £2-3k, sell £15k.:D

I saw a dealer in the US selling an R33 GTST modded to 450bhp for $35k! I practically p1ssed my pants.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
But you can't make them road legal there can you?

But then again,they'll prob buy them,just to say i own a Skyline.

Would the R35 be able to get through the ESVA?
As surely it will be cheaper in Japan than here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
R33_GTS-t said:
The C6 Z06 is $70k in the States and it will be available on import here for £50k and that's a US home-grown car. The price of cars in the States isn't always cheaper than it is here, it depends on model.

I'm actually tempted to start a business importing R33 GTSTs from here to the US, or even better from Japan to the US. Buy £2-3k, sell £15k.:D

I saw a dealer in the US selling an R33 GTST modded to 450bhp for $35k! I practically p1ssed my pants.
how do you make a small fortune by importing GTR's into the states......... start with a large fortune!

Research Research Research..... there is no substitute!!!!!!

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
R33_GTS-t said:
But $70k is less than £50k. At today's exchange rate, less than £40k

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
JapFreak786 said:
But you can't make them road legal there can you?

But then again,they'll prob buy them,just to say i own a Skyline.
Exactly, it's like crack. Not particular good value for money but it's illegal so everyone wants it. There really is some serious interest in them over there and they are legal in a few states.

bladerider said:
Thats possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read !!!
That's the price they seem to go at over there. Stupid but there you are. I don't know what the shipping costs would be but I reckon there is a profit margin given the final price. If some dumbass wants to buy a car that they know isn't road legal, who am I to stand in their way.

Unless you know something I don't which you probably do... if so tell.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297893&page=1&pp=25

If link doesn't work, basically a '98 R34 GTT for $60k.

- She's a '98 R34
- It is tagged, titled, 100% Street legal, and smogged.
- Registration is current, emissions is current, all legal paperwork is in order
- It's RHD, coupe
- It is NOT a GTR. Its a R34 GT-T, w/ a Neo RB25DET, which is the later series (the better engine in its series) --> ie, it's RWD. For more info about the GTT: http://www.skylinegts.co.uk/R34_spec.htm
- 50K on the clock, original miles, CLEAR AND CLEAN Japanese and US title.
- Silver exterior on black interior, in EXCELLENT condition
- Tiptronic
- All the regular R34 stuff
- Greddy intake
- Greddy down pipe
- Greddy exhaust
- Greddy BOV
- Manual boost controller
- Aftermarket head unit

That's pretty much all the major highlights. Below's a teaser pic. Again, if you're SERIOUS, post, PM, email, IM me, etc. Considering how rare a commodity these cars have become, and how this one's low mileage and in excellent condition, I think $60K is very reasonable.

I'm looking for a quick sale (by the end of the summer aka August), as money is tight right now. Thus, I'm prepared to provide a finder's fee for anyone who finds a buyer who purchases the car.

There a few perks that come along w/ the car, but I'll discuss those w/ serious potential buyers.

·
Registered
771 Posts
here you go....

I wrote
ISJ said:
i don't think anybody is disputing the origins of these sketches, but my piont is they're going to release the final protoype to the world in days. And the images you've posted are concept sketches - you still with me - concept - as in early design stage - as in quite old - as in there has probably been many design chane and / or tweeks to those images, if they are indeed concept images of the next gt-r.

There is more possibility that they are concept sketches of the 2001 concept gt-r - they don't look dissimilar.
Response

Rising sun said:
this is the CONCEPT....How does this look like the sketch might I ask...nevermind that this design is 4yrs old..
And

Rising sun said:
The rear of the origninal concept...I don't need to point out that it looks NOTHING like the prototype...so forget any notions you might have that that sketch you see before you is the GT-R concept, it isn't. it is the GT-R PROTO to be shown in a few days...
2 weeks later....

autoweek said:
No, you haven’t seen this particular concept before. But you could be forgiven thinking you recognize it, for it does bear a thematic resemblance to the first R35 concept shown in Tokyo way back in 2001, just before the R34 platform went out of production in 2002. Named the GT-R Concept, that car picked up the key GT-R design cues that still exist on the Proto
taken from here

seems like somebody agrees with me, changed your mind???

·
Registered
100 Posts
selling skylines to usa customers is a great idea....!

it is not easy, but it can be done...i know i do this for a living

It will be much easier to import them after january 1st 2006...watch this space ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
bladerider said:
Was there a point to this last post ??

He showed the arty sketches of the Proto,

You said they were likely rubbish, as did I and many others

It turned out that this time he was right and we were wrong,

Yet you seem to be still arguing the toss 2days after the real thing was unveiled in Tokyo.

Im cunfused.

J.
your confused because you have the wrong end of the stick, i'm not arguing over the images i'm arguing over the similarites of the 2001 concept and the proto - they are very similar

41 - 60 of 61 Posts