GTR Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I am in the market for a GT-R and being about to drop £40k+ of my own money I wouldn't touch a car with stone chips and a small bump. IMHO you should fork out the couple of hundred pounds it needs to sort these things out and take away any excuses not to buy.

Also, as a complete novice with the Nissan I had never heard of Litchfields before reading this forum and I am only looking at HPC cars with a clear Nissan stamp. Maybe this is wrong, but not everybody surfs the forums.

S
If you manage to find any car with more then a few hundred miles that doesn't have stone chips it would be a miracle, every car has them mate

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tend to agree, but if you are trying to sell a (lets face it) expensive thing then doing your best to make it look good doesnt seem to me like an unreasonable thing to do.

When I purchased my M5 it was presented flawlessly by the BMW dealer and gave me little option to chip away at the price.

As has already been said, it is a buyers market, and whilst I accept that cars without any chips may be rare there WILL be one out there.

S

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tend to agree, but if you are trying to sell a (lets face it) expensive thing then doing your best to make it look good doesnt seem to me like an unreasonable thing to do.

When I purchased my M5 it was presented flawlessly by the BMW dealer and gave me little option to chip away at the price.

As has already been said, it is a buyers market, and whilst I accept that cars without any chips may be rare there WILL be one out there.

S
What colour are you after ? im about to sell mine and its hpc all the way !

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If your car is immaculate you price it accordingly, if yours has a flaw, as they all have due to thinness of paint, then you compensate by taking money off.
A perfect car at a perfect price exists only on fantasy Island, being driven around by tattoo on his way to look for the plane.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I don't agree 10% off as an opening gambit is taking the piss, as for rude I'll take the OP word for it however there Are always 2 sides to any story

Driving away wouldn't have sold a car which was the whole point
That's right, drive to someone 100 miles to show him the car, then drive 100 miles back to annoy him ?! :chuckle: Driving away would only show that you are annoyed because the guy didn't buy your car.

;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
And so it ends. Mr tyre kicker texted me not doubt to meet my very reasonable price only to be told I had sold it!
I don't believe I have ever had so much pleasure sending a text.
It appears they had managed to hack the other seller off so much he told them where to go also.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I sold mine I had one tiny chip after 13k miles - the clear protective wrap I had from robbie really did the trick - ok it cost me £1,300 Including the detail but I recon I got most of that back in the end.

Glad the OP sold his car for the asking price in the end

You will be lucky to find a car that hasn't got stone chips on it at your budget as the paint quality is not fantastic and they are prone to it.

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
And so it ends. Mr tyre kicker texted me not doubt to meet my very reasonable price only to be told I had sold it!
I don't believe I have ever had so much pleasure sending a text.
It appears they had managed to hack the other seller off so much he told them where to go also.
That's right, there's a right price and you can do a deal. So yes I would have driven off if someone was rude to me if I knew I could sell it for the right price.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
jozeff got a call this morning form matey and he had the cheek to call me time wasters becoz i said the gtr aint no longer for sale looooool

41 - 56 of 56 Posts