GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to this guy the other day and he told me this story about a copper clocking someone at 200+ on one of the motorways around here, at night with no lights on !!

obviously my first thought was Gary but ... this went on each night quite late for a couple of nights so they sprang a trap for him.

the guy was driving a new porker and he had night vision goggles on !! so he could run with no lights and evade capture.

apparently he was an airline pilot on his way home from work enjoying the commute :p

I have no idea if this is an urban myth or even complete bollocks but I can imagine a few sets of night vision gear being sold as the roumours travel:D

have fun
/Steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
I live near a military airport and here there was a story about a guy doing 240+ kmh on a small 80kmh back road near the airport late at night.
Police stopped him and asked for his pilot license.
The guy gave his papers, being an F16 pilot for the Dutch airforce, and he could drive on without a fine.......

·
Registered
506 Posts
Night vision

Steve,

Sounds like a highly likely story. A Couple of the RAF fighter pilots in the Lossiemouth area do exactly the same. Not sure whether they're driving a Skyline or not though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I remember another story involving the police and the airforce, I guess most of you have heard of it.

The story goes that some police officers had set up a speed trap. Suddenly, they recorded a vehicle traveling a several hundred miles per hour. A few seconds after that a fighter jet went right over their heads.

It gets better...

Apparently, the on-board systems of the jet had locked onto the radar beam of the speed trap and could have fired a missile at any moment.

I don't know if this is true but it's certainly amusing.

MDG.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Dutch Airbase

John,

Is that Airbase Volkel? I've a picture of me in an F16 duel seat :cool: taken there I'll did it out sometime.

Paul.

PS they also let me use the F16 simulator that was just awesome. :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
MDG

my teacher told me that
it was a harrier
and the police were bored and decided to clock it as it was flying
past,
the radar gun broke becasue it doesnt read the sort of
speeds the harrier was doing
in the harrier the self defence missiles of some kind whent mad and if it wasnt for the pilots reactions the cops would of had it.
the police were told off servierly by the air force :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
is the f16 flight sim
the photo relistic one thats done by satalite

·
Registered
327 Posts
The one I have seen is Speed Camera's In Scotland near Air base and the RAF fly past with Radar Jamming on which then in turn Fries the Girly Speed Camera's

It made me Laugh even if not true :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts