GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sayin. Traveling loads. Miss the family....Miss the GTR. That burst of " I made it". that reminds you that despite the D*#heads on TV and in parliament and regardless of the pile of shit I have to clear off my desk, there are small pieces of heaven on earth. Made by people with skill, passion and integrity, that are rare but available to most, not just the elite...and I own one. ***x1f601;

·
Vendor
6,212 Posts
Just sayin. Traveling loads. Miss the family....Miss the GTR. That burst of " I made it". that reminds you that despite the D*#heads on TV and in parliament and regardless of the pile of shit I have to clear off my desk, there are small pieces of heaven on earth. Made by people with skill, passion and integrity, that are rare but available to most, not just the elite...and I own one. ***x1f601;
Your not going to burst out into tears are you David...i know the feeling my friend... We are truly blessed to own such beautiful and amazing cars especially if in Katsura Orange :chuckle::chuckle:

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
I know exactly what you mean mate, I hadn***8217;t used mine for a week and found I was well grumpy and stroppy. Went out for an hour in the gtr and all was good again with life . I***8217;ve had mine six months and I***8217;m still in the honeymoon period, I love these cars and love driving it every time, so I can relate and glad to know I***8217;m not the only sad sod that***8217;s like this!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've only had mine for about a month, and now theres snow everywhere - I will put the car away, although its great in the snow....I just fear salt damage.
So its on the trickle charger and in the garage.

I do feel lucky also, and this forum will help ease me through the coming months!

But yep, what an amazing car the GTR is, I met up with an other owner on Sunday and he was exactly like me - both of the mind that this is one of the best cars ever made, and I think alot of people in GTR's including myself have come from some decent other brands, but the M cars I came from dont really compare to this beast on many levels.

Feels like a Sad Sods Support Side.....

·
Vendor
6,212 Posts
If its any consolation David im a real sado when it comes to my Gtr.. Sometimes I go out to my garage when i ain't used it for a week or two and just stand there looking and smiling to myself like someone looking at a good fit looking bird... Lol... We are all truly blessed

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
If its any consolation David im a real sado when it comes to my Gtr.. Sometimes I go out to my garage when i ain't used it for a week or two and just stand there looking and smiling to myself like someone looking at a good fit looking bird... Lol... We are all truly blessed
I must admit I do the same. It certainly makes you feel good!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lol, I'd do the same if it didn't live under a cover...when I'm sitting in it (sometimes just cleaning it not driving) I have been known to pat the GTR badge on the steering wheel like its a bloody dog or something:chuckle:

·
Vendor
6,212 Posts
Lol, I'd do the same if it didn't live under a cover...when I'm sitting in it (sometimes just cleaning it not driving) I have been known to pat the GTR badge on the steering wheel like its a bloody dog or something:chuckle:
Same here:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
fooooook, am gonna have a tear in my eye in a minute! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol. So we are all normal and more. I***8217;m planning a dirty weekend with mine. I going to dive to Preston from Guildford on back roads. Stay for the weekend while she is sound deadened then drive back on the most circuitous route I can find. The wife thinks I am having an affair with a Preston lass.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Wow like others have said it***8217;s great to know it***8217;s normal!!
I just wish the exhaust pipes were smaller ***x1f602;***x1f602;

·
Registered
269 Posts
Fit looking bird

if its any consolation david im a real sado when it comes to my gtr.. Sometimes i go out to my garage when i ain't used it for a week or two and just stand there looking and smiling to myself like someone looking at a good fit looking bird... Lol... We are all truly blessed
i know exactly what you mean,,just looking out the window at some good looking sparrows

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
We have a rare matung pair of buzzard's near us. Lovely to see. Obvs the GTR is better. I washed her in the dark and rain last night to get a free distilled water rinse, then dried her in the garage. Very sad ... Neighbours must laugh.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Commitment to the cause that David! Yes totally agree, they are great cars and of all the car groups I've been a part of, I find the GT-R circle so far seems to have the best people / owners. Rarely any malice or envy and people just wanting to get along and have a good time. Makes the events and meetings that bit more special and a big part of my GT-R owning experience.

·
Registered
596 Posts
We have a rare matung pair of buzzard's near us. Lovely to see. Obvs the GTR is better. I washed her in the dark and rain last night to get a free distilled water rinse, then dried her in the garage. Very sad ... Neighbours must laugh.
Haha, my neighbours stopped worrying about me ages ago, lol.

Particular low point for me was cleaning it in when it was snowing :tard: in my defence it needed cleaning to put it's cover on:chuckle:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts