GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/2 way thru one side of front control arm bush replacement and I'm just about ready to order some some new arms !!!!:mad:
One bush came out nice and easy, the second not so much. I thought the hard part was over as with one out on each side I could use an appropriate sized socket to hammer out the other.:confused:
My arms are tired and still two bushes remain in the fisrt side. Anyone have any pointers or know of some secret 007 switch to pop these rascals out ?????
Cheers....Kev.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
yup, take them both off and nip to a local garage that has a press takes no more than 10 min :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
:chuckle:
yup, take them both off and nip to a local garage that has a press takes no more than 10 min :)
Come round here with your Big f,off press !!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Or you could try a really big stilletto . :flame:

On a dessert island...

You could cut nearly right through the old bush in a few places from the inside which would ease removal i.e. make them easier to drift out.

I personally dont like to use excess heat on metal parts which will remain, in order to change the bearing surface. Its a temper thing :)

Maybe with a ragged shell and some heavy coconuts... ?
but no bonfire !
:chuckle:
mm edit to say that last bit was supposed to be blue too.
cokey

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
another reason not to live in scotland :chuckle: f'all is local :chuckle:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've got all the bushes out of one side....Lots of fire required!!!!:flame:
Tried tapping the new bushes back in with a large socket, but as with taking them out, seems a bit stubborn.
Gonna call er' a night and hit the otherside tomorrow. Hope it's a little smoother than the first.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts