GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing research on Nissan's 4wd GTR transmission for a retro fit on to a customized midengine car its such a great system and I'm proud of Nissan accomplishments with the GTR and its system.

Now what I need to discuss for my application is.

I'm not sure what skyline GTR to get from what I can understand the GTR system reads from VSS hub rings
to read wheel slip.

Now in common practice a Vehicle with ABS computer has its system set to a certain tire size so putting a different wheel size would make the system operate incorrectly.

Whats doesnt limit the ETS system from in operating incorrectly when you install a wheel far beyond the wheel size of your GTR's ?

I planned to use BEE*R's ETS box instead of getting an OEM unit because I plan to do some drag racing but this is not what my project is focused for. I emailed the dealer otomoto which carries the Bee*r box and ''Ben'' from there told me with out explain that the tire size doesnt matter how can that be?

Also comparing the different model's

R32 ( factory 16's)

R33 ( Factory 17's)

R34 ( Factory 18's)

are the Hub rings a different size when you change your wheel size doesnt your speedo get thrown off?

- David Steele

(R32 GTR diff and Scehmatic)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I would have though that Nissan would have created a new program within the ETS control unit to cope with the changes?

The Nismo Z-Tune apply's much more front tourque exiting corners than a standard GTR, this would imply that it's re-programable, from Nismo/Nissan's perspective.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it sounds like there programed for a certain tire size.

So does the GT 32-34 use the same rear differential?

I'm interested in this ETS control here if anyone can read jappanese can you tell me what it says bottom right where the chassis are mentioned.

http://www.bee-r.com/main/parts/skyline/ets.htm

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The 33&34 v-spec's have a electronic diff which is diffrent.

The non v-spec's all seem to have a R200 diff, the only differance being the R32 has 4.111 ratio and R34 having 3.545

Saying that the R200 diff is in loads of Nissan's

You can get a skylabtsc that does the same thing from the UK if you want

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
The 32 diff also has a different casing with the lugs for the ATTESSA hydraulics.

The N1 race cars had a different program for the ATTESSA ecu's. last time I saw one for sale it wasn't cheap. I guess there is an EPROM in their which can be swapped.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 33&34 v-spec's have a electronic diff which is diffrent.

The non v-spec's all seem to have a R200 diff, the only differance being the R32 has 4.111 ratio and R34 having 3.545

Saying that the R200 diff is in loads of Nissan's

You can get a skylabtsc that does the same thing from the UK if you want

What about the 33 Ratio have a picture of this TSC?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.