GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all GTR owners!

To try and keep this short, I would like to know if anyone is interested in earning a few quid by driving my brother to the church for his wedding day???

A GTR is his dream car and im sure if he could afford one, he'd have one but has he can't, and the fact he's had a bad year with his fiance fighting breast cancer (slight guilt trip) i thought id try and hire one!!!

Not really to my suprise, a hire company wanted £895 for the weekend, I only want him to be driven to the church about 10miles tops from his house and thought of this place and to see if anyone is interested?????

The wedding is on bank holiday sunday 25th August @ 2pm (ish) at Rufford Hotel west of mansfield, Notts and the pickup will be from Shirebrook, north Mansfield. Depending on where you are diving from, it could only take an hour to drive to Shirebrook, have a cuppa while I dress him and take a steady drive to the church, on time of course.

If anyone is interested, please reply and I can give out some more details and talk cash. Obviously the further someone has to travel, the more i will pay to cover petrol and time etc. Excludes RoI, NI and Scotland :)

Jason. (best man)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Maybe PW Pro can lend you a customers :D

On serious note I can't help as funnily enough I'm at a Wedding that day, if it was your brothers that would of been really convenient :chuckle:

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm sure one of us could sort you out. 25th Aug is my wedding anniversary weekend so I'm liable to be spending a wedge being 'romantic' :( :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dude, if it was closer to home, I would have loved to help you out. Im in Aberdeen though, so its a bit far.

Can I suggest something to whoever is taking up this offer.
How about giving the payment for this service to a Breast Cancer charity?
Im sure that anyone that can afford to buy and run a GT-R doesnt really desperately need that extra 100 quid or so. Making someone's big day even better AND putting the payment to a good cause like that will give you a bigger buzz than an extra 100 quid or so in your wallet.
Just a suggestion....

In saying that.... its easy for me to make that suggestion when I am not carrying out the service! haha!

Cheers

Dunc1n

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sent you a pm.
my friend actually does this for a living so I am sure I could loan him my gtr to get your friend to his wedding on time. Ribbon and bows with a chauffeur no champagne though as I don't like people eating and drinking in my car lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers Guys !!!

To all,

Guys many thanks for all your top offers, you really are top blokes.

I have had 6 free/minimal offers (fuel) from some of you and ive messaged all to thank them. I am trying to sort something out with guys that are local to make it easier etc and dispite some of the kind suggestions, a few large beers will be goin their way!

Thanks again guys,

Jason.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
To all,

Guys many thanks for all your top offers, you really are top blokes.

I have had 6 free/minimal offers (fuel) from some of you and ive messaged all to thank them. I am trying to sort something out with guys that are local to make it easier etc and dispite some of the kind suggestions, a few large beers will be goin their way!

Thanks again guys,

Jason.
Glad you got sorted

How much you willing to pay?
Kindness costs nothing, but for some people, its too expensive.

You can be that hard up surely?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts