GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went down by the bay and took some quick shots of my car, I treated the rear seats, door insets and rear quarter inserts with black leather to match the leather Sparco’s. I also fab'd a small wing on the top of the rear wind screen. Lastly I sanded and painted the center console in titanium to freshen it up a bit. I’m currently working on the sound system, its not much but I installed Memphis Audio 6.5” front and rear components with a Memphis Audio 500 watt X5 channels, which powers a dual voice coil Alpine Type R woofer.

Let me know what you think.

Ross

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, that interior looks awesome!!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Love the leather and the wing you fabbed.
How does it attach? More pics of it please.
Also, what material is it made out of?

·
Vendor
12,628 Posts
Hey Ross it looks great, worth the wait and stress eh:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
6,821 Posts
Stunning R33, perfect combination of wheels, Interior and body . . . . thanks for sharing (now just a pic under the bonnet:clap: )

·
Registered
229 Posts
OMG a Skyline in NY :bowdown1:

Looking good Ross :), Can wait to see her again in person. Love the rear seats.

John

·
6,821 Posts
You guys in NY should to a photoshoot of your cars and the NY Skyline as Background . . . :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
You guys in NY should to a photoshoot of your cars and the NY Skyline as Background . . . :D
We were suppose to, but 3/4's of the cars flaked out (including myself).

John

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the leather and the wing you fabbed.
How does it attach? More pics of it please.
Also, what material is it made out of?
Thanks

I started with a wing from a 740il, the little lip spoiler you see running around… AND from there I shaped it, cut it, sand it… heated shaped it sanded…. And well 4-5 hours later I double sided tapped it on…I am going to urethane it on in the future. I will post more pics shortly.

Hey Ross it looks great, worth the wait and stress eh:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Umm yes, I put about 1000 kilometers on it, I’m still breaking it in, we put a 4700rpm rev limit and an 8psi boost limit on it…. which keeps me in check…. I can’t wait to tune it up to 20psi and 8-9k rpm…

Stunning R33, perfect combination of wheels, Interior and body . . . . thanks for sharing (now just a pic under the bonnet:clap: )
I’m working on the under hood pics, I’m not ready to show it yet… they’ll go up as soon as I’m ready….

Looks really nice mate, the leather retrim looks superb, how much that set you back? :thumbsup: Kevin.
Um enough, but its worth it for the look I’m going after….it seems to be coming together smoothly, I’m glad you guys approve.

wow, that's one hell of a good looking R33 there. Not sure about the steering wheel, myself, but the rest of the interior looks awesome.

What wheels are you running on, BTW??

Steve
Really…?? What steering wheel would you run?

They are Gravity Gull Wings 2’s in 18x10” with a 20-offset (wish I went 22), and I’m running BF Goodrich KFS’s in 255 40 18

Whole car looks great apart from bonnet (hood) scoop..

Bin that and its a winner :)
The hood scoop went on for a few reasons:
- Functional - I’ll be racing it in the summer so scavenge heat away from the radiator
- Visual – I needed to tie in some standard carbon fiber, because there is nothing and I mean nothing available in carbon Kevlar as far as accessories. It also breaks up the blatant yellow of the Kevlar to help tie in more color.
- I like hood scoops! :thumbsup:

Yea.... well... I went crazy getting my car together for one day...(and I did) for all intensive purposes... after about 20 emails with the speculation of near 13 of them showing only 2 others showed, but we met some great guys and look forward to getting together in the spring. In the interim I'm polishing up mine to get it ready and exploring new ways to make mine stand out from the rest.

Ross...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took some more shots today, I also added a new rear view mirror, I felt it adds a more “modern” flare to the interior, which is the look I'm going for. The mirror has a compass, outside temp and LED map lights which light up a hazy green color, it looks great at night. I also took a few detail shots of the interior including the headliner and arm rest as well as the matching baby seat. Lastly I included some detail shots of my rear wind-shield wing.

Enjoy
Ross

Ohh bonus, this is the 34GTR we are working on, this is a very cool project and we look forward to completing it in the new year....:squintdan

·
6,821 Posts
Ahh great pics again, I like the child seat!:chuckle:
The very last pic is cool , I wonder if we allready had pictures of that R34 on here?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
That is simply a stunningly beaurtiful car, inside and out. Claerly you have spent a lot of time and effort to get her looking like that and it shows. Excellent!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hi Ross

Merry Christmas! The car is looking superb. The leather interior additions make such a difference. I will buck the trend here, I think the carbon/kevlar bonnet looks great. In my eyes GTR's suit a more track orientated look, but that is only my opinion :) (The wheels always look so aggressive too, anyone know of a similar wheel available outside of the US).

The sparco kiddies seat's really cool and I can't wait to see the finished engine work. Keep us posted on any developments.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts