GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i want to get the jdm gtr because the prices are lowering. my main concern is the navigation system: is it possible to fit the export navigation?how much would cost this conversion?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have heard that the JDM unit cant be converted and ideally needs replacing. The USA Versions will work apparently.

Anyone else have any info??

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
fit a TomTom.....works much better,cheaper to buy and cheaper to upgrade:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
hi,
i want to get the jdm gtr because the prices are lowering. my main concern is the navigation system: is it possible to fit the export navigation?how much would cost this conversion?
No. EDM version GTRs are very different and utilise a differently designed wiring loom.

Like Evo said, TomTom or similar all the way.....

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Irshad

I have had experts looking at this since I got my car last May. At the mo, it the CAM signals which are preventing a UK style Sat Nav being fitted to the car. I am sure that it will only be a matter of time !!! Oh btw, the JDM screen is much better than a UK car as it's in high definition !! Go buy and you wont be disappointed. I did !!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Steve is there no way of converting the Jap unit and using uk maps- I think its a Clarion unit - there must be ways of getting into it thru the software??

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Steve is there no way of converting the Jap unit and using uk maps- I think its a Clarion unit - there must be ways of getting into it thru the software??
At the moment no.

Many folks over at NAGTROC who are in SE Asia have been trying to do this for 18 months or so as they have JDM imports.

Dont expect a solution anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Not soon, but it will happen !!!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Am doing both !!!! Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Breath !!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tom Tom is far better. I used the factory fitted one on the Murano 59 which is the same the gtr and it took me on a 8 mile journey and was only 2 miles from my destination. I only found out when i went passed the same Pizza Hut twice.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Garmin everytime !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Thats the plan!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts