GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Altering some wiring for my project and was looking at the Idle control valve setup.

I know the brown plug is for the IACV (or AAC as Nissan calls it) valve.

But what is the other Grey one for? And do I need it?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I am correct, that is the FICD and therefore I shouldn't actually need it as I don't have AC or other high load electrics.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
You don't actually need any of that.

I was going to remove the lot when i had the plenum off but couldnt get enough info. Quite a few guys on here have removed it all though. I will do it soon as my plenum needs to come off again.

The only one that would cause some issues is the cold start one but if you keep the revs on for a few seconds it should start idling fine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd thought of removing it because my harness isn't wired for it at the moment, was just about to sort out wiring up the AAC.

Surely with out it on a very cold day you'd have to hold on the revs for 5 or so mins before it will idle? and it would be likely to stall until it warmed up?

Would need to hear experience from someone who has removed it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
On all my other (not 26's) Rb's I've blocked the air reg, it's simply not required here in temperate Aus.
The AAC could control idle evenly on first start, sometimes with ice on the car's windscreen.
The air reg often jambs open, another cause of high idle.
Dreadfully difficult to access even on 20's and 25's, much worse on the 26 so like the other posters, I'll remove mine when then engine's out.
Underside of the 26 plenum is a nightmare.

·
549 Posts
Surely with out it on a very cold day you'd have to hold on the revs for 5 or so mins before it will idle? and it would be likely to stall until it warmed up.
Exactly this. It's not that bad during summer, but on colder months engine will stall after some 90 sec. It sorts itself out when coolant temperature reaches some 60-65 degrees C

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't really want to have to hold it on throttle after start up for over a min, might annoy the neighbours a bit at night.

Going to leave just the AAC, that should be enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts