GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Iain Litchfield who knowing I had to take my car for track day at Silverstone today, was helping map my car on a Saturday evening...last map came through at 10pm! Really staggered at how committed he is to us his customers and he deserves all the praise he gets....I can see why Adam raves about Iain constantly!

So using the new v4 Litchfield / ECUtek software today and the car flew - given the slippery conditions had boost wound down to 1.0 bar...wow a stage 4 with downpipes is epic on track...let a couple of mates drive it who had come in RS4 and they could not believe down Hangar Straight they were going 150mph whereas in their car it was 120mph

The Nissan GTR is a great car but with some tuning the good becomes excellent...the car felt so fast and was sliding nicely...and no more black clouds out the back!

Thanks Iain and the team at Litchfield for creating my monster

:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well said :) the are an awesome team and dedicated to get the job done right :) I would highly recommend them to anyone and have done ;-)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Seconded! Iain was superb for me before the ASDA On Your Marks event, and was sending me updates late on the night before.

I've just sent him some logs with Phase 4 ROM, so looking forward to the refinement.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Which car were you in? I took the Atom to that one, think I was the only one there - massive carbon aerofoil on the back; I always like to take the breakfast bar out with me :)
I was in the DMG GTR mate. Fat lad, white tshirt and jeans, IIRC.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was in the DMG GTR mate. Fat lad, white tshirt and jeans, IIRC.
I think I followed you out of the 1st-2nd ongoing corner onto the straight, yours was twitching like a mofo as you put the power down, I didn't understand how it did it until recently when I got one of my own.

Very impressive.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I was having a bit of a laugh out there as the day wore on and I got more dialled in. Loved it :D

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Glad to hear you're black smoke is gone. I've got a little more than I'd like but Iain has sent me a new map and I need to find time to get out there, upload it and get out there logging!

Totally agree that with some tweaks the GTR improves so much, the difference really is very impressive between stock and stage 4.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts