GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm kind of new to the R33 GT-R world. This is my first R33 GT-R and I would like to know if anyone here could ID this steering rack? Does it look like the OEM??

The OEM rack does use that selenoid or sensor as you can see in the photos?

Pardon the horrible job of the pressure lines, I just got the car and I'm restoring few things and making new, decent lines for it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's converted to LHD. I don't know what they used to convert it. I heared something it was the original steering rack from the R33 GTR reversed with " a kit" from other Nissan model, which in my head it doesn't make sense at all.

Seems like there is 1.5 turn to left and right from center (like short ratio) and the steering radius is good and equal to both sides.

Can't find the guy who made the conversion to ask more so that's why I'm trying to figure out here if someone could recognize this rack.

I wonder how does look like the original RHD steering rack.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am pretty sure it is a 300zx steering rack. I have the same one in my car.
That's cool to know. Do you know what is that selenoid or sensor fitted there? Is that the "steering angle" sensor for the HICAS? Or the steering angle sensor is actually in the clok spring in the steering wheel section among with the airbag sensor?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts