GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide how to layout the interior. Too many gauges, boost controllers, AFKs etc. and too little space. Looking for inspiration/ideas... I need to somehow fit, or ditch some of, the following:

4x60mm defi gauges
defi link display
defi hud
2 defi controllers (standard control unit and hud control unit)
EVC 6
AFK (same size as the EVC)
Turbo timer (HKS)
Valentine 1 remote display
Whilst retaining tweeters in the A-pillars

It's getting a bit :runaway: as I'm at the stage where I'm going to take everything out in one go and put it back in as it should be, trying to make it look good, rather than like a tangled mess of add-ons.

Also toying with the idea of replacing some of the bits with a defi advance ZD display to "consolidate" but it's expensive and would require quite a bit of conversion from the older defi system... Or a hybrid of the two systems, excessive much?

Any ideas/what would you do? I don't mind having to create a complete custom dash if that's what's best... but is it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant post! Thank you.

Really nice job on your dash there as well - out of interest, what method did you use to attach the gauges to the faceplate? That guy at Broadfield seems to create a gauge/display aperture with a lip at the back to hold everything in - do you reckon the fit is just that good that the dash "presses" in, or is it held in through some other method?

·
Registered
887 Posts
i had a similar issue - alot of this are pics from my GTST but i stilll have all the parts to go back in the GTR when completed.

had a double din stero fitted, didnt want to lose my nismo gauges

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
What Defi gauges do you have ? Can some of them be replaced by your Defi HUD with the appropriate sensors ?
I have a Defi HUD too and use it for oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature and fuel pressure which saves a lot of space.

I'd ditch the turbo timer personally. Pointless device that just takes up space. Just drive it gently for a few minutes before parking it up.

Cheers

Stu

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Trying to decide how to layout the interior. Too many gauges, boost controllers, AFKs etc. and too little space. Looking for inspiration/ideas... I need to somehow fit, or ditch some of, the following:

4x60mm defi gauges
defi link display
defi hud
2 defi controllers (standard control unit and hud control unit)
EVC 6
AFK (same size as the EVC)
Turbo timer (HKS)
Valentine 1 remote display
Whilst retaining tweeters in the A-pillars

It's getting a bit :runaway: as I'm at the stage where I'm going to take everything out in one go and put it back in as it should be, trying to make it look good, rather than like a tangled mess of add-ons.

Also toying with the idea of replacing some of the bits with a defi advance ZD display to "consolidate" but it's expensive and would require quite a bit of conversion from the older defi system... Or a hybrid of the two systems, excessive much?

Any ideas/what would you do? I don't mind having to create a complete custom dash if that's what's best... but is it?
What ECU are you using?

A Link would allow the removal of many of the gauages and the boost controller and fitment of this:

Alternatively one of these could replace several gauages:

It's an ECUTalk, not sure if it would work with aftermakret ECU though

I would also suggest dumping the turbo timer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Brilliant post! Thank you.

Really nice job on your dash there as well - out of interest, what method did you use to attach the gauges to the faceplate? That guy at Broadfield seems to create a gauge/display aperture with a lip at the back to hold everything in - do you reckon the fit is just that good that the dash "presses" in, or is it held in through some other method?
mine are a press fit then secured with small steel tabs and screws. The friction fit is more than enough to keep them in place though.

not sure how broadfield does it now though im afraid :) many years ago on his original ones they were hot glued in (from a glue gun) but im sure its a different story now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts