GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking into buying a car with an R34 NUR engine, but how do I tell that it is actually what they say it is. So, firstly how do I tell its a 34 and then what makes it a nur?

Any advice welcome.

John

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Err... no I'm not joking! Maybe I'm just stupid but I don't know the answer so I'm asking the question. There are a couple of 32's for sale at the moment that may be fitted with nur engines and I am asking if there is a way of telling if they are genuine nur's or just have the nur covers. One is also listed as a 34nur engine. I'm not saying I don't trust the people selling the cars but would like to be cirtain of what I am buying.

John

·
Registered
230 Posts
surely you can give a little more detail for those of us who don't know what we're looking at?

like where, on the block

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at where the RRR is, I'm guessing its not visable on an assembled engine in the car? Can I get anything from the engine number?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
No! the nur has 24u on the block the RRR blocks are the late z tune! (late blocks) ,its a right bugger to see it! its just under the first turbo by the engine mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts