GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting seriously annoyed with my GTS-T.....after a spirited piece of driving (while observing all applicable speed limits), when I come to a T junction or a set of traffic lights,my car wont drop back to idle i.e. it stalls unless a bit of right foot brake and throttle 'blipping' is required :confused:

If it does cut out and I start it again, it runs up and down from 800rpm to 1,500rpm without me touching the loud pedal :mad:

I saw this advertised and wonder if any of you have tried one

Unique Autosports - Car selection

I should take it to a garage to have it looked at, but the nearest 'reputable' garage is 200 miles away and I just wondered if there was a quick fix?

Cheers all

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have you looked for boost leaks?

My friend had unstable idle on his GTI-R. turned out to be a IC hose which was loose.

If you're running a atmo. BOV this could be the problem too.
But then you should have noticed it after fitting the BOV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Yakozan, but I wouldn't know a boost leak if it jumped up and hit me in the face, from this you have probaly worked out that I don't know what an IC hose is

There is no aftermarket BOV fitted, although I was thinking of getting the HKS SSQV

Apologies for my ignorance of all things mechanical

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
drove a GTS-T with SSQV fitted, and yep it had the stall problem. BOV don't really help much in the idle department.

Start from your air filter. Check the hoses while you follow the path. Your intercooler (IC) is beneath the bumper on the passenger side. The air path comes back up and out, over the engine, and then into that big intake thing on the left side. An air leak in any of those junctions will give you stall and idle problems.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Mine's perfect with my SSQV unless a) the AAC valve gets gunged up or b) MAF problem, which happened a while back. Search for how to check the ECU diagnostic codes and see if the MAF is broke.

HTH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts