GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i need a bit of advice,
Some of you may remember that my car was a stolen import and was taken away. Well i have it back now on a Peace note. What i'm trying to do is get the car in my name so that i can sell it.
My question is if i can get it how much would it be worth.
Its a R33 GTR M reg non Vspec.
Midnight purple
70000km
Full exhaust with HKS front pipes
Nismo wheels with 2 new rear tyres
11months MOT
Alarm clifford 500

The car chassis number has been rubbed off but the police have stamped a new one on i have all I.D to back this up.
Its just the history that a future buyer wont like.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
That is a tough one dude; I guess it's worth what it's worth to someone. With the history it's got, it would be unfair to give it a price tag. Your best bet is to just be honest with a potential buyer as you have been on here, and see what it makes.

FYI, 33 GT-R's of similar age/mileage are up for around £13-14k ~

·
Registered
25,951 Posts
depends if the future buyer would want a car with that history and possibly the fact it could be taken back at any time?

(or is that all sorted now?)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
A legal car is a legal car as far as I'm concerned.

Does it really make a difference??

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Shouldn't make any difference if we're all being sensible, however you might find the best thing to do is flea-bay it...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends if the future buyer would want a car with that history and possibly the fact it could be taken back at any time?

(or is that all sorted now?)
It can only be forsale with that sorted out. So then the buyer would have full ownership and never have any problems.

·
Registered
826 Posts
You will have big problems if you ever try and sell the car.
Any buyer who does a hpi check will run away,unless you tak them around :chuckle:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry to sound negative but carterjohn is right.

I just sold a mint 95 GTR with 40k and £6k worth of bits for £9k! Selling a car is hard work at the moment.

I think you are best keeping it and having some fun!

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
You will have big problems if you ever try and sell the car.
Any buyer who does a hpi check will run away,unless you talk them around :chuckle:

This is correct I'm afraid, selling this car will not be an easy ride.

:(

Simon

·
Banned
336 Posts
Yeah its crazy, Its a good Idea hanging on to GTRs unless you are desperate for the money. Ultimately you will loose out if you sell for peanuts.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
did it get a new number plate allocated in the end? i presume it has? also did you get some help from the garage who ripped you off...sorry sold it you?

glad to see you sorting it mate, it was strange as the guy i sold my MNP gtr to rang me up a few months ago to say it was registered as a cat d? which it was certainly not so i'm wondering if the 2 cars are still entwined (spelling?) somewhere in the dvla? i was gutted as the guy possible thought i had sold him a car which was registered without telling him and in the end he let it go silly cheap to a well known dodgy dealer in keithley!!

Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankfully today the Bedfordshire Police have released the car to me which means i have full entitlement to the car.
Within the next month i will be putting the car for sale (just waiting on a letter of conformation from police).
I'm selling because i need to pay off my loan so i can move out.

It will be added in the forsale section soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts