GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want the hks gt2530 but as far as i can see there discontinued.:bawling:
so i'v been led to believe that the garrett gt2860-5 are very similar so i may have to go for these instead.So to match these as closely to the HKS 2530 turbos what spec do i need to order?

GARRETT gt2860-5
turbo :707160-5
chra :446179-51
?????????????????
turbine housing: is it the 0.64 or the 0.86 which matches the hks housing the best

are these numbers correct and can anyone confirm the turbine housing i need?

oh and lastely where do you recomend i buy these turbos from..?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep iv been searching and trying to find this out for ages now and still no joy. iv even been told that most of this info has been removed off the net..WTF???

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can buy these turbo's from R B motorsport. Cost looks to be around £1,450 + the dreaded at 1.5% part number from them is TDN7671605005S That number is for a pair of 2860-5. haven't got mine yet as the whole engine is going up there for a rebuild after my oil pump failed at 7000 rpm :-(

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mines now running 'running in period not been above 3000rpm but you can here them whistling up , sounds awesome cant wait to get her mapped and let all hell break loose ..

·
Registered
627 Posts
got these in mine. running 600hp @ 1.7 bar . they are an awesome bit of kit and suprisingly not laggy at all. as long as the cars mapped right you should have alot of fun....i was lucky enough to have Tweenie do my build and map:clap::clap:

·
Registered
627 Posts
thats 600 at the wheels. i was told thats pretty much what you can expect from these turbos....they max out at around 600-620:D

·
Registered
627 Posts
yeah ure right i am lucky. Rob was a diamond geezer. one of those true genuine guys that you rarely find in the tuning industry and an absolute magician at what he done. he will be sorely missed. :bawling:
knew him for a good few years since when he was working at perfect touch.

with regards to the car it has been built to perfection. never misses a beat, just a shame due to lack of use i've put it up for sale. i think i'll be going to santa pod this sunday to see what times i will pull....spoke to Rob just after i collected the car and he told me he shouldn't see why i couldn't pull late 10's early 11's so quite excited about that.....will post up times on monday!!:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts