GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done much to yours ? as i heard from friends when i was in australia that you can't have tuned cars on the road over there

·
Registered
152 Posts
No its stock 330bhp although the guy claims its 400bhp i will get it on the rollers once it arrives at my door (i am shipping it from over east now) in about 2 weeks.

As for mods nah its just like the uk your not supposed to but people do lol

Bovs (dump valves) aint allowed but everyone has em!! and some people over here have some monster power cars on the road!!

The differance heer is if you get cuaght with the car being too low ie 100mm minimum off the ground or a exhaust that is too noisy, you get whats called a yellow sticker which then means you have to take it to the pits to be checked out...so you just make it stock ish take it, get it passed and put ya bits back on lol

It differs from state to state but in wa (western australia) we dont need road worthy certificates (basically mots) all we need is rego (basically a tax disc) but the bonus here is your rego includes 3rd party insurance and your insurance here isnt compulsory like the uk!!

rego cost around $450 bucks a year so around 225 quid!!

so all in no insurance no mots its great!!

225 quid a year is all you really need to pay, i have however just got quoted onfully comp insurance with like for like parts in the event of a claim and it came in at $389 thru shannons all mods declared!! insurance is really really cheap here all the young lads have bleeding 5.7 v8s at 17 after just passing there test paying around $1k (500 quid) insurance fully comp or generally just not bothering with insurance because you get it with your rego!!

Cant ya tell i am a pom lol

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
i have pondered this question many, many times - and can honestly say nothing comes close to a skyline for handling and bang for bucks and i have tried a fair few.
sorry mate, a Supra is no where near as good...

·
R35 Section manager
10,980 Posts
Yhink I would look at a Noble or a DB7.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hypothetical question.

Like... "What is there after sex?"

A ciggie?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good choice Snowfiend,

I had a CSL for a year or 2 and it was a cracking car, especially if you get it played with by Thorney Motorsport.........;)

For me it would have to be something completely impractical...........

I have always wanted a 300 BHP Supercharged Atom.

I would need to buy a diesel Vectra to cart the missus and wee man round in but it would be worth it for the sheer craziness IF and when it was dry on some of Scotlands finest roads and i could let the Atom loose........

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Whatever it is, it must be fitted with automatic-focus laser-weapon speedgun- and specs-busting starwars technology.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
I've thought about an RX7 or a Lotus Europa. But both are pretty small inside with little boot to speak of. Not good for runs to Le Mans.

On a more sensible front I could be temped by an Audi S4 (the 2.7 bi-turbo version) but I decided against that last time for being too boring.

I did see a company in the US who do kits to fit an LS engine into a Porsche 944/968. If I could find a cheap enough 968 that would be tempting.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Good choice Snowfiend,

I had a CSL for a year or 2 and it was a cracking car, especially if you get it played with by Thorney Motorsport.........;)

For me it would have to be something completely impractical...........

I have always wanted a 300 BHP Supercharged Atom.

I would need to buy a diesel Vectra to cart the missus and wee man round in but it would be worth it for the sheer craziness IF and when it was dry on some of Scotlands finest roads and i could let the Atom loose........
Yeah one of my mates has got one (he's family of Simpson Engineering) and while it's not jaw droppingly fast it's so nice to drive and is perfectly at home driving to the shops/work or spanking round a track so it seems to cover all the bases. I've always had a BMW 'image' issue but as much as I hate to admit it, I think I'll end up buying one sooner or later.

I went the opposite way and bought something impractical (Top Secret R33) this year and although it's awesome fun on the rare occasions when I do get to use it, driving a 'normal' car 99% of the time is starting to take it's toll !

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have pondered this question many, many times - and can honestly say nothing comes close to a skyline for handling and bang for bucks and i have tried a fair few.
sorry mate, a Supra is no where near as good...
Haha I indeed agree! I'll just have an Sti or a Z rather than that toyota dyno queen (err... purely dyno only...:rolleyes:) metal mound. I'll just wait for another GT-R, and heck there are lots of models to choose from still! From the old school classice KPGC's to R32s to 35s!

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
Quite like the look of the EvoX, also v. tempted by a GT3 though.

Also fancy an AE86 at the other end of the spectrum.:bowdown1:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah thinking about it and keeping it within my budget or should i say price range it would have to be a 911 carrera the 80s one with the rubber whale tail and turbo kit!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
personally i would say that i'd probably go retro and get (in my opinion) the only good yank car there ever was the '67 shelby mustang 500 although i'd have to be a saudi prince to afford the fuel for it :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts