GTR Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
just sold the supra few months back to get a 34gtr and if i ever part ways with that i be getting another supra, such a fun car to have

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I'm considering my options right now too. What to buy after my Skyline?! I'd only have around 10k and so I've been considering Evo 7/8s, a Focus RS, another Impreza?!!
It's really hard to find anything to replace such a great car, hence I think I'm stuck with it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
intresting thread, i would have a porsche 911 turbo or a mitsubishi evo 8 or if i could afford it i would have the new X5 M (twin turbo 550 bhp)

·
Registered
26,749 Posts
the TME i had was such a cool fun car, cheap too.

Evo 7 would be a good balance between something quite new and abit of kick.

35 could be on the cards, once all these teething problems are sorted, and the shape is growing on me..

DC5 was a nice drive.. again quite cheap / fun

·
Registered
649 Posts
If I were to sell the beast and get a another car I would go with a NSX,:thumbsup: I could score that cheaper here in Japan than in Europe or down under:)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have often pondered what I would get, supra (maybe) rx7 (I would be to worried about servicing/mechanics of it) so maybe a evo 7 but it would have to be a gta as I can only drive autos. Cant really think of any other autos that would come close.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Blow Dogs new car lol. GT3 starting to like them alot if I had the money to spend I would run out and buy one tomorrow but I would have to keep the gtr.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
id go GT3 or similar. if i cant afford it will get a shed in the meantime until i can.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
really hard to beat the Skyline, regardless of price, at least for what's important to me.

If I can give up rear seats, Audi R8, with a supercharger kit. That car catches my eye more than anything else on the road. Or with a £400,000 budget, I'd take a Murcielago LP670 SV...and twin turbo it to a thousand horsepower.

But keeping a front engine/2+2 configuration, I can't think of a single thing, and I've tried. There are saloons that you can push up to silly Skyline-level power levels, but they either don't have AWD or they just can't handle like a Skyline. There's the Evo of course, but giving up displacement and two cylinders is going in the wrong direction!!

wait, there is ONE car that would work - a 911 Turbo. But it would need a lot of tuning to get it up to where I'd want it power-wise, and I strongly favor the 993 with its spartan interior, and I think 600bhp would be possible, but it is a LOT more difficult to get power out of an air-cooled engine versus a liquid-cooled engine. And I just don't think 911s are as forgiving as Skyline GT-Rs are. One day you just know they will swing around and bite you in the ass.

·
R35 Section manager
11,249 Posts
really hard to beat the Skyline, regardless of price, at least for what's important to me.

If I can give up rear seats, Audi R8, with a supercharger kit. That car catches my eye more than anything else on the road. Or with a £400,000 budget, I'd take a Murcielago LP670 SV...and twin turbo it to a thousand horsepower.

But keeping a front engine/2+2 configuration, I can't think of a single thing, and I've tried. There are saloons that you can push up to silly Skyline-level power levels, but they either don't have AWD or they just can't handle like a Skyline. There's the Evo of course, but giving up displacement and two cylinders is going in the wrong direction!!

wait, there is ONE car that would work - a 911 Turbo. But it would need a lot of tuning to get it up to where I'd want it power-wise, and I strongly favor the 993 with its spartan interior, and I think 600bhp would be possible, but it is a LOT more difficult to get power out of an air-cooled engine versus a liquid-cooled engine. And I just don't think 911s are as forgiving as Skyline GT-Rs are. One day you just know they will swing around and bite you in the ass.

Bloomong heck whens the book due out!?:p:eek:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
It would have to be something either different or modern to replace my 33. A DC5 for different or a 350z + supercharger for a more modern (and tuning fun)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts