GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ifty has just reported back from the SRR 787bhp/900 torque :)

Recently there has been much said about Rolling roads,
and agree with some view points, however as a tuning company SVM use the "Rolling road" as a guide, an analytical Take on Power delivery and performance measured in BHP and torque figures on the day :)

Many guy's have visited The Surrey Rolling Road, some disappointed, many delighted with "The Results"
I think it fair to say, we all think our cars fast on the road so to speak, but to actually see it in black and white is nice (or not):flame:

Ifty has taken his very own R35 along today to see if The 750R stacks up !!

Result....787.7 BHP and 900llb'ft Torque on 99 Ron pump fuel.

This particular car has a forged engine and the All important auxiliary components from SVM. I believe strongly a proven matched set of products essential in achieving goals that lay the foundations of customer and company success :)

SVM Stg two IHI turbos , SVM 80mm bar and plate inter-cooler and GTC Titan, with the SVM Forged engine build,amongst other products from the stable work together and produce an Ideal road car...(IMO)

Ifty has achieved a credible 9.8sec 142mph 1/4 mile, + earlier this year the Red boss ran The llberdr mile @ 202mph..IMO It not surprising we Now can see 900llbs of Torque :)

How does this reflect on the road?

This, for anyone one wanting early spool and an enormous push in the back
Take a close look at the SVM product line up

This is a Road car, the graph will show [email protected] and 760bhp at 5000rpm (and holds)
More impressive is the Pull :)on the baby stg two's :):bowdown1:
From 3700rpm Iftys car Pulls like a train :) 900ibsft making a superb road car.

Trust me this car is stunning (I've driven it lol)

On track and road what a car, The paper work also stacks up
Well done Ifty. I didn't think Red one's were that fast Lol

The car is kept in immaculate condition and is a genuine credit to the owner and He thoroughly deserves the title BOSS :)

Paper work is being sent over I will uploaded asap.

regards
kk

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Blimey that's good for the stage 2 turbos, sounds like its spooling super fast, 900ftlb at 3700rpm is amazing for a dyno run.

I'm tempted to say how that blows them BW's out of the water, I won't though :chuckle:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Awesome figures!

So in terms of stages, which stage is Ifty's car at?...stage 5/6?

What kind of cost is involved in modding the car to this level?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
:bowdown1::bowdown1: ifty you dark horse!! Think l'll retire and play catch up (doubt if I can with what your running now :() when we eventually go for a local play run.

900ftlbs !!! Holy crap!!

Respect.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome figures!

So in terms of stages, which stage is Ifty's car at?...stage 5/6?

What kind of cost is involved in modding the car to this level?

Bit of an unusual package this one...Stg 2 IHI turbos is from the stg 6
750R parts bin,
However Ifty wanted to keep with the responsive spool and just "ask" a little more from the 750R

The built engine allows for the release of torque (normally capped)on a stock motor due to OEM rods.

Ifty runs the Boss a little harder, nice to see our products delivering, the label on the Tin so to speak :)

kk

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Blimey that's good for the stage 2 turbos, sounds like its spooling super fast, 900ftlb at 3700rpm is amazing for a dyno run.

I'm tempted to say how that blows them BW's out of the water, I won't though :chuckle:

Jamie the car seems much faster on the road :chuckle::chuckle:timing dosen't get pulled as you know.
Honest Mt8 lol

This Yr CR has pulled all the stop's out in the ever development of a group of fantastic IHI and Garrett Turbos

Thinking outside the box can be a good thing, and I for one always look :)
However tried tested and perfected "You can't go wrong"

BW and Others have now a new bar :)..Maybe another form of measurement is req ? Idea's?

Race ? Lol
kk

·
Registered
683 Posts
how reliable is the car as 900lbs of torque is quite a large amount and wont it place a lot of stress on the other parts? Obviously not the engine since its forged.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
how reliable is the car as 900lbs of torque is quite a large amount and wont it place a lot of stress on the other parts? Obviously not the engine since its forged.
Hopefully Ifty is choosing the SVM gear strengthening system on OEM gear's
as we speak :)
They have been proven in many cars, our own Demo car "Gundam"
has been around for a while, demonstrating the system works
@ 238mph and Almost into the holey grail 8's:) many times!!
Tested to 1000 torques this should do the job for The Boss :bowdown1:

See our website for full prices, a very reasonably priced upgrade
Jamie P , Ryan and other's are having.

Product testing in the physical world is essential and truthful.
Clever marketing is one thing, I believe results speak.

Regards
KK

·
Registered
692 Posts
Similar to my set up but Ifty running far more torque. Congrats! But do keep a clutch/gears fund as you are going to need it with that much torque!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi all, thanks for all the positive comments, after over four years of ownership and modding I thought I'd see if my 750r could live up to its expected figures, well am I surprised ? Not really as I knew my car was fast but the torque figure I was not expecting anywhere near that (that's where the gear strenthening comes in) to answer the above question my car has been running the above power for over a year now I have done numerous top speed runs inc 218mph repeated runs (speedo cluster reading) the car is driven as it is meant to be driven very very hard at times, I'm sure anyone who has crossed my path will know :chuckle: but to add to that I do look after my car even harder, servicing, warming up cooling down etc, and no issues to date.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Kev, its the RPM inductive pickup for the dyno, it makes the result accurate, if they don't use iRPM then they are using gear ratio which relies on operators and allows for errors.....

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Kev, its the RPM inductive pickup for the dyno, it makes the result accurate, if they don't use iRPM then they are using gear ratio which relies on operators and allows for errors.....
Maybe Charlie from SRR or others can comment....

It is of opinion that ignition pick up's from an R35 are virtually impossible to obtain due to coil position and No ignition leads:(

Are you Saying all SRR graphs and all other R35 produced graphs are
inaccurate? I think many on hear will be surprised to learn, as I know
the SRR has a good reputation and been used by other tuners, (hence the reason we go to compare)

As far as I know, ALL tuners measuring R35's have used the same method on these rollers.IMO SRR has the experience and expertise, to
know what they are doing, Give them a call.

KK

·
Registered
797 Posts
:bowdown1::bowdown1: ifty you dark horse!! Think l'll retire and play catch up (doubt if I can with what your running now :() when we eventually go for a local play run.

900ftlbs !!! Holy crap!!

Respect.
Salam bro :wavey: I got bored, play catch up ? You're well ahead :)

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Ifty - Nozza1 has to drive the car for it to be ahead lol - i haven't given him grief over how long he parks it up for a while now actually :p

Car is a beast,still remember the results from the run at the SCD event,hope your holiday was good aswell!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Maybe Charlie from SRR or others can comment....

It is of opinion that ignition pick up's from an R35 are virtually impossible to obtain due to coil position and No ignition leads:(

Are you Saying all SRR graphs and all other R35 produced graphs are
inaccurate? I think many on hear will be surprised to learn, as I know
the SRR has a good reputation.

As far as I know, ALL tuners measuring R35's have used the same method on these rollers.IMO SRR has the experience and expertise, to
know what they are doing, Give them a call.

KK
Kev,

maybe it is difficult to get a pickup point but for the sake of consistency across all cars and DD rolling roads and accuracy it is the norm to use iRPM. If the gear ratio method is used it can skew the graph left or right which I am sure you will appreciate is pretty detrimental when you are looking at spool or the engines ability to hold power to a given RPM when the RPM isn't accurate ;)

No need to phone SRR, I used to own a DD and it isn't just SRR, there are lots of them out there not being operated as intended ;)

Its also worth noting that a plot showing mph against rpm should be shown as that will show if any "slip" was occurring ;)

Anyway.... the dyno debate is another thread.

BACK ON TOPIC :cool:

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kev,

maybe it is difficult to get a pickup point but for the sake of consistency across all cars and DD rolling roads and accuracy it is the norm to use iRPM. If the gear ratio method is used it can skew the graph left or right which I am sure you will appreciate is pretty detrimental when you are looking at spool or the engines ability to hold power to a given RPM when the RPM isn't accurate ;)

No need to phone SRR, I used to own a DD and it isn't just SRR, there are lots of them out there not being operated as intended ;)

Its also worth noting that a plot showing mph against rpm should be shown as that will show if any "slip" was occurring ;)

Anyway.... the dyno debate is another thread.

BACK ON TOPIC :cool:

That is actually the point of this Topic
A Rolling Road Result...You are suggesting it Isn't accurate.:flame:

So then tell me and RR operators how to get the HT ignition pick up to use engine RPM ? or can the DD run from
another trigger?
Interested as I haven't seen it before, with the R35 set up used on any dyno.

If it is the case the engine RPM can not be read on an R35 set up,

Then i feel your comment isn't fair as all others Run the same factor.

I put my trust in faith in the experience of the operator
as they have conducted numerous Dyno Runs on the same type of car.

It was only a few days ago, A result from another GTR member was being discussed, and this didn't come up ? (same rollers)
different Tuner!:runaway:

KK

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don't know much about rolling roads how they should be set up etc but one thing I do know is that the graph seems to show exactly how my car behaves on the road at around 3500 rpm onwards it's gut wrenching :eek:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts