GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, does anybody know the correct ignition time degrees for a S2 RB25DET?

The car is set at 12 degrees i found out today and was told its should be at 20..

But iv read alot of people setting an Rb25 at 15 degrees..

Just want be sure before i have it adjusted, as its making the car ping at 5500rpm onwards from 3rd to 5th gear..

Not sure if modifications affect what the timing should be, but the car has the following..

Standard ECU, Blitz nur spec r straight through exhaust no cat, uprated superforma coilpacks, NGK 7 plugs, Aftermarket induction kit and a HKS front mount intercooler

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hi

Like I told you the other day mate, it needs a good looking at ,as something is wrong. It needs more advance, but, if you add more, it will det even more. This was why I said to you it may have the cam timing out. because if you add more timing ,it will get even wore. I checked the timing for you. The cas sensor was on full advance, so you will not be able to add more. This is why I think the cam timing is out. The other thing could be that the locating peg for the cas could be broken and the cas could be in wrong position: maybe worth looking at that:thumbsup:

Regards Mark

Hello, does anybody know the correct ignition time degrees for a S2 RB25DET?

The car is set at 12 degrees i found out today and was told its should be at 20..

But iv read alot of people setting an Rb25 at 15 degrees..

Just want be sure before i have it adjusted, as its making the car ping at 5500rpm onwards from 3rd to 5th gear..

Not sure if modifications affect what the timing should be, but the car has the following..

Standard ECU, Blitz nur spec r straight through exhaust no cat, uprated superforma coilpacks, NGK 7 plugs, Aftermarket induction kit and a HKS front mount intercooler

cheers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh okay mate sound

Did not know the cas was on full advance.

Il have them 2 possibilities checked and see what happens

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts