GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone from here will be going to the IGOC meet at Daikoku next week? The reason I ask is I will be in Tokyo and would love to go. I dont have a car in Tokyo, so I was kind of hoping someone would be kind enough to take me along? :) Here's a little info about me, so we are not complete strangers! Think of it as a personal ad... lol

I'm an Aussie GTR enthusiast. Currently I own 2 skylines a GTR and a GTST (also have an Active soarer for getting around in). Both set-up for a little bit of circuit work. The GTR is my baby of course. I've had it for about 2 years and built it into quite a nice little car. running nismo/ohlins R-tune coil-overs, OS Giken gearset and tripple plate, Greddy oil cooler, Greddy hard pipe kit, Power FC, splitfires, defi BF gauges, cusco/safety 21 roll cage and for track I bolt in my Cobra evolution seat and willans 3 inch harness. heaps and heaps of other mods too but dont wont to bore you guys too much. I'm quite active in circuit racing in my state and have taken a class win this year in my state supersrpint championship (like Time Attack) I've been to Tokyo a couple of times before (done TAS twice, been to top secret many time - Shibuki-san is a top guy!, done nismo omori etc all that stuff) and have a number of friends there, but sadly not many of them have cars, and those that do wont be available that night. I do speak a small amount of Japanese having studied it 1 day a week for 20 weeks at Sydney University. I dont have anything to offer other than my shout for dinner and lot's of boss coffees, and the willingness to happily return the favour if ever you guys are in Sydney. :)

It would be great if one of you guys would be able to help me out. I would of course be happy to catch a train to wherever is convenient for you and at whatever time (i'll be coming from Shinjuku).

Here's a couple of pics of my Skylines for you guys:

GTST:

I will have a cell phone in japan, but I can't remember the number, or be sure I'll use the same one I used last time. So I wont know until this Friday 3/11.

Anyway, I will have internet of course so if anyone is keen to meet a fellow enthusiast from down under, and help me out with a lift to Daikoku then probably the best way to get ahold of me is in this thread or by pm.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I will go to IGTROC meet, I am coming from Hachioji heading towards Yokohama. If GAT cannot accomodate, I can see what we can arrange.
I am only used to one route to get to Daikoku from my home, but if all
else fails, we can figure something out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Shinagawa would be perfect as I know how to get there easily! lol and it's on the yamanote line (easy for me as I'll be coming from Shinjuku) But I am happy to travel to any station (JR or otherwise).

Thanks guys, It's always great to meet Skyline enthusiasts from other parts of the world. :) I hope you dont mind an R San-ni fan in amongst all your R San-yon... (yes I concede 34 is the grand daddy :) :), but I have a weak spot for 32s)

Arigato Gozaimasu! :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
San San is the way, but if I had a choice it would be San Yon.
See you all then. Bean, I sent you an gmail mate.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'll try to make it too.. Hope the weather's good!

Miguel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to Super GT at Fuji Speedway yesterday. massively sore feet today! But it was awesome. really looking forward to wednesday night. if any of you guys need to get a hold of me, I'm on 090 2908 9539.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can't make it wednesday again :mad: I'd be happy to meet you all at least once.

I am only used to one route to get to Daikoku from my home
Xanavi can be your english-speaking friend :) 180.000 yens allow you to trash your road atlas, and it's a 1DIN fold-in-dash system.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'll try to be there around 9.30pm too, then.

Miguel

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Miguel....can you do me a big favour and bring me those 3 AE86 Club DVDs? Need to lend them to someone else...cheeeeaazz:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts