GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I am madly in love with my GTR, I had the itch to mod the car a little. I said I wouldn't and the car does not need it........but I did!!

As of about 6pm tonight my car will be back home and with the trusty expert help of John @ Middlehurst Motorsport and Andy @ ACSpeedtech she will have the Ecutek V4 map, latest transmission software, ACSpeedtech black intakes with K&N filters and a map tweak by Andy to incorporate them.

I cannot wait to try her out. I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve.:chuckle:

Massive thanks to John and Andy for their work and constant communication. Cannot not fault them. :) Bring on 6pm!!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
congrats mate, should go like a rocket, what was your stage before?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds like its going to be Christmas soon in your house,
Enjoy and drive hard but safe.
Goldie

·
Vendor
480 Posts
if my fiancee asks, I have just had the transmission software updated!! Sssshhhhhh!!! :nervous:
Ha! Hope you like it Kris, should be a little different now :) Thanks for the mention!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! Hope you like it Kris, should be a little different now :) Thanks for the mention!
A little different? Ha ha. Feels amazing.

The difference in power is immense and the sound from the intakes is addictive too.

Rolling launch control is class. Thanks again mate.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
No problem Sir, I'll give you a call later this morning about your email ;)
Really happy with what the latest EcuTek gives you the tools to do with the gtr now, constantly changing and great guys to work with, but even with just a y pipe and my intake kit, makes such a difference to the car with a decent custom remap... plus the rolling launch is fun ;) enjoy!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem Sir, I'll give you a call later this morning about your email ;)
Really happy with what the latest EcuTek gives you the tools to do with the gtr now, constantly changing and great guys to work with, but even with just a y pipe and my intake kit, makes such a difference to the car with a decent custom remap... plus the rolling launch is fun ;) enjoy!
Looking forward to the call Andy. Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have said I wont modify it with so many car and its not happened yet, got my r32 gtr on saturday and ive spent around 3k on bits....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have said I wont modify it with so many car and its not happened yet, got my r32 gtr on saturday and ive spent around 3k on bits....
It is an addiction, but I love it!!

Sounds like you have got stuck in to the mods already. :bowdown1:

·
Registered
743 Posts
mdht

Hi Kris
what stage did you go to ,and what do you think of mdhrst ,im thinking of an upgrade ,mdlhst is who sold my M16 r35 originally ,Do they give a good service etc ,i also have a midhrst warranty which i would like to keep going ,and if i have them do the tune it should stay vallid :wavey:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hi Kris
what stage did you go to ,and what do you think of mdhrst ,im thinking of an upgrade ,mdlhst is who sold my M16 r35 originally ,Do they give a good service etc ,i also have a midhrst warranty which i would like to keep going ,and if i have them do the tune it should stay vallid :wavey:
Hi Harry, I already had the Miltek y-pipe but wanted the Ecutek V4 and intakes installed. I cannot fault Middlehurst at all. I bought the car from them, it has their warranty and I wanted to make sure it stayed valid, which it has.

I would strongly recommend calling John at Middlehurst who will be able to talk you through everything. He is a great guy and constantly in communication so you know exactly what's going on. They also involved Andy @ ACSpeedtech for an extra custom tweak to the map to make sure the intakes work spot on with the V4. Andy knows the lot trust me. 600 bhp and 610 lb/ft so can't argue.

I've got more power, the car drives amazingly and the warranty is still intact. Everyone's happy!! Oh yeah and the pops and bangs map!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
urmmmm

yer thanks Kris
i will bell them today,thanks for the heads up mate:wavey:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts